Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CX - possible to do one way upgrade on departure with cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX - possible to do one way upgrade on departure with cash?

I bought a BKK-SIN-BKK CX ticket, booked in D. I was advised that First isn't that much more expensive exBKK but cathaypacific.com would not let me book First as there is only First class one way on this sector. And pricing 2 one ways made the fare jump sky high!

So I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade myself to First for the BKK-SIN sector by paying at check in? This assumes, of course, that there is still availability in First.

I also await the inevitable calls of 'traitor!'
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    I bought a BKK-SIN-BKK CX ticket, booked in D. I was advised that First isn't that much more expensive exBKK but cathaypacific.com would not let me book First as there is only First class one way on this sector. And pricing 2 one ways made the fare jump sky high!

So I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade myself to First for the BKK-SIN sector by paying at check in? This assumes, of course, that there is still availability in First.

I also await the inevitable calls of 'traitor!'
    Just curious...how much is the fare? There is a promotion right now at S$500 for a CX Business Class ticket, but, you have to book it TOGETHER with hotel accomodations. I might settle for this one on my planned trip to BKK sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

My fare comes up to about AUD550, but can be bought on its own.
      There are also cheaper fares which book into I but they're only available through TAs and you need to be an Asia Miles member, which implicitly means you have to credit miles to Asia Miles I think.

If the schedule suits and you're still accumulating *A miles, try LX. They often have good business class fares SIN-BKK-SIN. Z class, Saturday night stay requirement, max 14 days stay. And you can walk across to T2 and use the SKL C with an LX business class BP.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 April 2007, 04:19 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

My fare comes up to about AUD550, but can be bought on its own.
        There are also cheaper fares which book into I but they're only available through TAs and you need to be an Asia Miles member, which implicitly means you have to credit miles to Asia Miles I think.

If the schedule suits and you're still accumulating *A miles, try LX. They often have good business class fares SIN-BKK-SIN. Z class, Saturday night stay requirement, max 14 days stay. And you can walk across to T2 and use the SKL C with an LX business class BP.
        Thanks for the info. I will try the SG's TA when I stop over next week.

I have seen your pictures on LX...nice...will try it next time

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
          Thanks for the info. I will try the SG's TA when I stop over next week.
          Was referring to exBKK - don't know about exSIN but it never hurts to try I guess.

Comment

Was referring to exBKK - don't know about exSIN but it never hurts to try I guess.
            I mean the ex-SIN LX fares which u mentioned in your thread
            Flying LX seems to be a lot cheaper than flying SQ ex-SIN to BKK

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              I mean the ex-SIN LX fares which u mentioned in your thread

Yes they're pretty cheap. Just make sure you meet the Sat night requirement and that you don't mind the very late arrival in bkk.
              They are also available on www.swiss.com btw. Just go to the Singapore site. If there are specials (which believe it or not can be cheaper than the Z fare) they will be listed on the right hand side of the homepage.

Meanwhile - any CX experts out there that can answer my OP?
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 April 2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile - any CX experts out there that can answer my OP?
                They should provide the upgrade with cash option at the check-in counter

Comment

Hi, I will be travelling from London Heathrow to Kuala lumpur via Hong kong on the 29th of May and back to London on the 20th of June. I bought a restricted economy class (V) ticket from CX website and am wondering if I could upgrade at check-in on any of the flight segments?? If it is possible, how much will it cost? All information will be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X