Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQFG goes wandering - but you'll never guess with who, in what class, or where to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQFG goes wandering - but you'll never guess with who, in what class, or where to....

Picture this (in your mind, of course) - I don't have the piccies downloaded as yet.

I check out of the hotel at 730 this morning, and the airport's 10 minutes away.

Check in formalities are pleasant, i don't have to wait, and get both my boarding passes.

The flight's on time, and soon, I'm greeted by two VERY smartly turned out female FA's. They're friendly, attentive and very switched on.

I settle into 1A..
    and am offered a pre departure drink - I choose some OJ

not long after, I'm handed out my amenity Kit and the menu.
    For breakfast, there's a choice of either

1) Seasonal Breakfast fruits with Vegetable upma and Masala Neer Dosa served with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney (hint no 1)
    or
    2) The same fruits, a croissant with a tomato, coriander and mushroom omelette served with chicken sausages and parmentiere potatoes.

I choose the latter and inform the FA.

The meal's good, and i settle in to read the papers in my seat pocket, as well as the inflight magazine. The magazine, it must be noted, is about twice as thick as your regular silver kris issue. Very high quality glossy paper indeed.

Soon enough the flight ends, I land and head over to the connection area.
    This second flight is much shorter (about 1/3rd the duration of the first one). SURELY there's not enough time for a meal service........

I get the usual amenity kit, pretakeoff drink..... and printed menu. Looks like lunch this time around. There's a choice of Black Sesame Cottage Cheese with Teppan rice noodles, black pepper potatoes on crispy spinach and capped off with a mocha Dacquoise, or Herbal Grilled chicken in place of the cheese for the second option.

Meal service is a little rushed this time, but still flawless. I land in the middle of nowhere (hint 2).......... and am left shaking my head in amazement.

So maybe i've stepped off a pair of SQ J flights? No, can't be cause you don't get amenity kits. Perhaps something even more expensive than SQ J?

If you haven't read one or two of my posts from the last few days, you'd NEVER guess.........

Winner gets a kiss and hug from me

what is OJ?
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Orange Juice

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        what is OJ?

Orange Juice

Comment

IT is so hard to guess from the little information you have provided

Don't know why I pictured this in red

Comment

I know, I know
            Kingfisher Airlines ATR42's from Chennai-Hyderabad-Vijayawada

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              IT is so hard to guess from the little information you have provided

Don't know why I pictured this in red
              Yes, IT is hard. Some people are royally angling for the answer on MSN.....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                I know, I know
                Kingfisher Airlines ATR42's from Chennai-Hyderabad-Vijayawada
                Please contact SQFG via PM to claim your winnings......

Anyway, yeah, it turned out to be ATR72's...... all this was in Y.

I am SERIOUSLY impressed, especially with how they managed to squeeze a meal service into a 35 minute flight from HYD to VGA. I'm even more impressed that there even WAS a meal, with a choice, and printed menu........

Comment

haha i was just bout to say kingfisher on the route mentioned but JKL beat me to it - but then again SQFG i woulda been cheating right lol

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
                    but then again SQFG i woulda been cheating right lol
                    yeah........ your entry would not have counted

Comment

I'm still reeling after reading about SQFG's great domestic flight in India shocker and comparing it to to what I get on QF domestic business (let's not even talk about QF domestic economy ) for flights of similar duration....
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Winner gets a kiss and hug from me
                        Can we get the signature Hainan Rice Dish your family is famous for on the next prize instead?
                        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Back in KUL now having gone from Vijayawada-Hyderabad-SIN-KUL. Nothing to report on the HYD-SIN-KUL legs - excellent par for the course SQ flights.

Highlights include meeting CGK in his usual spot in the SKL, and also waiting for an FSS friend arriving on SQ317 and finding out i had a few more friends operating that flight too.

Anyway, as promised - the pics.

My ride from KUL-MAA - 9M-MKI

Row 1 legroom. Generous, but less so in other rows on this 333. Beginning to look a little tatty. Service otherwise was fantastic, and makes me wonder why I started flying less and less on the Golden Kite in the first place.

MAA domestic waiting area. Very crowded!

My flight, IT2472 from MAA to HYD

Comment

My ATR72 ride today VT-KAE

Leather seats, and good legroom. This is row 1.

Amenity "kit" and pretakeoff drink

Full breakfast

Vijayawada airport! - NOT quite Changi....

Rule no 1 in India - DON'T ever hit a cow. Here, our driver awaits a 200 head cow-train to cross the road before proceeding.

Comment

Fascinating pics, SQFlyerGirl!
                              Those Kingfisher leather seats look nice and new.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X