SIN T3 SKL - wish list and rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN T3 SKL - wish list and rumours

Given the rumours swirling around about the new BA lounges in LHR T3 (which is due to open on 27 March 2008 - I'm booked on the first flight out but the lounges may not be open then...), e.g.

A 150 seat cinema, three spas, 170 workstations, six general bar areas, four wine bars, 40 coffee machines, 109 washrooms, five kitchens, seven dining rooms, 134 showers and bathrooms, screens and lighting that can change the mood from daytime to evening.

The 500-seat Concorde Lounge will include fireplaces, separate ensuite bedrooms, and private dining facilities.
    I thought I'd start a thread for rumours (if any) about the new SKL in SIN T3. MAN Flyer and others have mentioned that the plans are (or were ?) that this would be unremarkable but given the LHR VS CH, FRA LH FCT, HKG CX Wing/Pier and now (possibly) LHR BA T5, SQ surely need to raise their game to compete. Perhaps we wil all be surprised with what SQ pull out of the hat ?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    new BA lounges in LHR T3
    They're kicking out *A from there?

Comment

Whoops! I meant T5 but in any event, *A (including SQ) will be leaving T3 as mentioned before in SQT. No more VS CH access!

Comment

Drive-through check in is confirmed for F and TPP pax.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It would be a novelty if SQ actually took the full size intended for the lounge at T3....

As for LHR, it will be a few years before SQ would leave T3, at least 2010/11 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            It would be a novelty if SQ actually took the full size intended for the lounge at T3....

As for LHR, it will be a few years before SQ would leave T3, at least 2010/11 I believe.
            SQ is moving to T1 in 2008, confirmed together with all *A carriers since bmi is there.

Comment

I wouldn't have my hopes high for SQ's lounges...they are just...bleah, apart from the usual DOM and what not in the First

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                I wouldn't have my hopes high for SQ's lounges...they are just...bleah, apart from the usual DOM and what not in the First
                To be fair, the current lounges predate what are considered some of the best lounges in the industry today though. So T3's gotta be something really nice, apart from the reduction in lounge size as discussed elsewhere on this forum.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well this looks nice:

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    To be fair, the current lounges predate what are considered some of the best lounges in the industry today though. So T3's gotta be something really nice, apart from the reduction in lounge size as discussed elsewhere on this forum.
                    Exactly. Context and, more important, the plans for how to proceed are what count.

Thanks, Singapore_Air, for the photograph. Could you confirm what that was of? SKL at T3?
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Is that a sauna?

Yes that looks pretty updated, I hope they get things up-to-date! More current ploise!

Comment

That looks good. Any more pics, Singapore_Air?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                          SQ is moving to T1 in 2008, confirmed together with all *A carriers since bmi is there.
                          Sorry that is incorrect. SQ are not moving to T1 at LHR next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X