Three explosions in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three explosions in Bangkok

Happened up on Sukhumvit Soi 71. Seems to be Iranian(s) involved. Maybe the US warning a few weeks agao, that the Thai authorities got upset about, was justified:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/loca...-bangkok-bombs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17026007
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 February 2012, 12:50 AM. Reason: extra link..

Word on the ground is that attacks might have been targeted at a Muslim-dominated community. Read into that what you will.

For those who are wondering, Sukhumvit 71 is somewhat rather farther away from the main touristy areas... (after Phra Khanong, which is after Ekkamai by Skytrain)

Comment

The Bangkok post was reporting that one of the attackers through his bomb at the police it hit a tree, bounced back at him and blew his legs off. If he dies from his injuries then I think that this is the Darwin Awards tied up for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        The Bangkok post was reporting that one of the attackers through his bomb at the police it hit a tree, bounced back at him and blew his legs off. If he dies from his injuries then I think that this is the Darwin Awards tied up for this year.
        Yeah, he has to die from his injuries to be in the running for the award.
        Last edited by Sethor; 15 February 2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I rather he survives and loses his legs and spend the rest of his life regretting what he did

Comment

Would the crimes he committed put him up for Capital punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
              Would the crimes he committed put him up for Capital punishment?
              Thailand does have the death penalty. It all depends on what he'll be charge with. Stupidity is not an offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Word on the ground is that attacks might have been targeted at a Muslim-dominated community. Read into that what you will.
                I would seriously doubt that, whatever the Thai authorities may say. With Iranian involvement they will almost certainly have had Israeli targets in mind, especially coming a day after attacks on Israeli targets in India and Georgia. The Iranians are rather peeved about the way Israel keeps taking out their Nuclear Scientists.

Comment

Police charge two Iranians over an alleged bomb plot to kill Israeli diplomats in Bangkok, but top Thai security officials deny the three bomb explosions in Bangkok on Tuesday were an act of terrorism.

I bet whoever in the Thai authorities said that had a straight face as well. Watch out for full confessions and/or an early declaration that it's all sorted any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    The Iranians are rather peeved about the way Israel keeps taking out their Nuclear Scientists.
                    I bet the Nuclear Scientists are a bit more than peeved!

The devices in Thailand are of the same type as went off in India & Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                      The devices in Thailand are of the same type as went off in India & Georgia
                      Buy 2, get 1 free.

Comment

it wasn't an act of terrorism because the suspects f*$ked it up - so it then becomes an act of stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                          it wasn't an act of terrorism because the suspects f*$ked it up - so it then becomes an act of stupidity
                          LOL - that's a good one!

Comment

Working...
                          X