No announcement yet.

Have the meals on the flights changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the meals on the flights changed?

I'm flying on SQ211 from Singapore to Sydney departing 9:40am and arriving at around 8:30pm.

Last month, when I checked the meals for the flight, it said there was Brunch and a Refreshment. Now, it says Breakfast and Refreshment. Where's the Lunch and Dinner?

Another cost-cutting procedure?

Lunch and Dinner are on vacation leave during your flight =P

Comment

Flight time is only about 7 hours, so meal for breakfast and a light snack would do, so you can still take a late dinner upon arrival, note that your body clock would be at Singapore time of 4.30pm when you land at 8.30pm Sydney time. If you are hungry on board, there would always be snacks / cup noodles available for you upon request.

Comment

I think it should be Breakfast, Lunch and then Refreshment in lieu of Dinner. Arriving at 4:30pm Singapore time (i.e. 8:30pm Sydney time) means that there should be lunch on the plane. Refreshment isn't enough to replace both lunch and dinner.

Comment

It used to be continental breakfast and lunch. But after travelling on the flight once, most pax were asking "When will lunch be served?" by the 4th hour of flight. If you want better food, fly on the early morning SQ241. Full breakfast and lunch is served on that flight.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
            If you are hungry on board, there would always be snacks / cup noodles available for you upon request.
            not necessary. for y class, it used to be biscuits but then it depends on whether the FAs offer it. For J class, snacks may not be necessary offered or that you have to ask and the way the FAs sometimes approach the request makes it awkward to even ask in the first place.

I'm sure the term "surly" comes to mind. We like to think that Sq FAs are impeccable but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
              I'm sure the term "surly" comes to mind. We like to think that Sq FAs are impeccable but not always.
              After flying in UA (and the abolishment of their sg FA base), SQ's FAs are angels.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                If you want better food, fly on the early morning SQ241. Full breakfast and lunch is served on that flight.
                Is it still breakfast and lunch on the 241? I am on it next week. And the 212, is it breakfast and lunch as well?

Comment

Working...
                X