Preffered hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preffered hotel

hey just wanted to know which are your preffered hotel chains.. hilton, hyatt, shangri-la etc...
    BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Mandarin Oriental is one of my favourites.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

A Whatever/Whenever experience - W Hotels!
      And depending on the crowd at the bar - the Le Meridien Art and Tech hotels. Staff are not as uber cool as W staff though.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 April 2007, 06:00 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I like Shangri-Las - and this is coming from a Starwood nut...

Comment

I have always liked Le Meridian chain ..........and then *wood bought it . I sometimes enjoy staying at the Sofitel (if there is a LeNotre in the lobby ). I really enjoyed staying at the Westin, I loved the way the bed cuddled you to sleep ! But mostly I prefer small boutique places ...........

Comment

I am a Four Seasons fan when I can afford it. Otherwise I tend to choose Hiltons not because I think they are particularly great but they are in several convienient locations for me and they gave me HH gold which normally guarentees access to the executive club and/or and upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
              But mostly I prefer small boutique places ...........
              I like the designer ones, but they tend to be very expensive.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

InterContinental hotels - for the free minibar

Comment

I've been sticking with Hilton for the last few years. Main reason was they were in most of the places I visit, and 1000 BD miles per night up to 3000 also swung it for me. I also used to get pretty well looked after as a Diamond.

However, I have found them increasingly eroding the benefits nowadays, mainly in the form of denying upgrades. They have also just closed the Glasgow Diamond Desk and moved it to Estonia. It's quite a saga to get a Diamond Force award now...

I got a status match to SPG Plat and will try to see if I can keep it without going on silly mattress runs, as I am Hilton Diamond until April 2009.

I also like Shangri-La's but they are not in many places that I visit and have no loyalty programme. I did enjoy 1 year of IC Royal Ambassador status but that's now lapsed and I won't chase it.

Comment

I have been with Starwood Hotels for quite a few years now. Tried Hilton for a while but went back to Starwood just because of the properties in most places I am travelling to.
                    However, once in a while I love and prefer to stay at the Mandarin Oriental, if price is reasonable, Shangri-La and Raffles.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I also like Shangri-La's but they are not in many places that I visit and have no loyalty programme.
                      Shangri-la do have the Golden Circle Loyalty programme (or they did a few years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        Shangri-la do have the Golden Circle Loyalty programme (or they did a few years ago).
                        They still do and quite nicely compared to some others, they have tangible benefits at the entry level (e.g. half price breakfast, paid upgrades, fruit basket on arrival etc).

I stay at SPGs particularly if there's a promotion on (e.g. 3 stays for 10,000 points last year) but otherwise, already have gold status (the most useful benefit being the 4pm late checkout) with my Amex and don't view the platinum benefit (suite upgrade) as being worth chasing that much.

I stayed at a number of Shangri-La's last year (SIN Valley Wing, HKG Island, PVG and BKK) and preferred them to SPG. However, I do like to try new places/chains (rather than being loyal) and ill try out some MOs this year (KUL, SIN and NRT), possibly also a Four Seasons (BUD) and some boutiques, e.g. a hotel above Lan Kwai Fong in HK. Basically, I'll stay in whatever's available, convenient and not too expensive, e.g. I just got back from a stay at the Crowne Plaza in TLS as that's all there was.

Comment

Working...
                        X