what if food ran out ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if food ran out ???

my partner asked me this question and i find it kinda interesting to discuss in the forum,

SQ

economy flight,

food for the flight - (fish/ beef)

scenario: What if ran out of fish when the FA reaches me, and i don't take beef due to religion. what will the FA do ??

did anyone encounter this situation before ? hope to hear from them.

If you are worried about what you may or may not be served due to religion, medical or any other reason you can inform them in advance and pre-order.

Comment

I've seen it happen, they still try to accommodate you with noodles or *ahemswapsomeitemsfromotherclassesifneededahem*

Tough bikkies if you don't like what alternatives they have...

Comment

they will trying to get something for you to eat..
        most likely vegetarian food.. I had this situation a few times when they have only beef option.
        there was a time, I think they gave me crew meal.. white rice with plain chicken (no sause at all),,

Comment

Before I turned vegetarian, on my NZ flight more than a decade ago, I had this same prob. I do not take beef n they r only left with beef as they ran out of chicken.

I told them abt our dietary requirement, n they managed to stunt a fish dish which i think was from biz class.

i *** think it is hard for them to find u a decent substitute if u r not a vegetarian.

Originally posted by sirgoldencircle View Post
          my partner asked me this question and i find it kinda interesting to discuss in the forum,

SQ

economy flight,

food for the flight - (fish/ beef)

scenario: What if ran out of fish when the FA reaches me, and i don't take beef due to religion. what will the FA do ??

did anyone encounter this situation before ? hope to hear from them.

Comment

On one of my flights to PER, my wife was offered the crew meal.

Comment

As others have said above, if you have any special requirements based on e.g. religion, calling them >24h in advance generally guarantees they make suitable arrangements.

If you don't call ahead, or the requirement is based merely out of personal preferences, they'll obviously see what they could do, but no guarantees. So whilst they may well fetch you something from a different class to cater for your preferences, such treatment certainly shouldn't be expected as a matter of course.

Comment

it happened today. on my sin-tpe flight. they run out on the international selection which i think is fish and left only with oriental selection which is pork.

the air stewardess if this is ok with me. well actually i am ok with port so i took it.

actually quite surprise that the international selection was run out. not to mention today many kids on board which i believe order kid meals.
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  it happened today. on my sin-tpe flight. they run out on the international selection which i think is fish and left only with oriental selection which is pork.

the air stewardess if this is ok with me. well actually i am ok with port so i took it.

actually quite surprise that the international selection was run out. not to mention today many kids on board which i believe order kid meals.
                  It's quite normal for a particular selection to run out isn't it? Especially if you're among the last to be served.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    It's quite normal for a particular selection to run out isn't it? Especially if you're among the last to be served.
                    That's why on those flights where they serve two meals, they begin from different directions for each of the meals.

Comment

SQ does have plenty of other snacks in stock other than the main meal, like cup noodles, chocolates, ice cream etc. So certainly, if you do not mind snacks, they can still fill your stomach if the remaining main meal choices are not to your liking.

On the other hand, I was on UA business for LAX - NRT and asked for cup noodles since I did not fancy their tidbits on offer, only to get the reply that they do not stock cup noodles as the flight was supposed to be shorter than usual (due to direction/route or whatever winds), offered me nuts or fruits instead.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                        On the other hand, I was on UA business for LAX - NRT and asked for cup noodles since I did not fancy their tidbits on offer, only to get the reply that they do not stock cup noodles as the flight was supposed to be shorter than usual (due to direction/route or whatever winds), offered me nuts or fruits instead.

So, according to UA, the flight suddenly takes 1h30 instead of 11h30 just because of some tail winds? And that's why they don't need to stock up on noodles in international business class where other airlines on the route offer near-meal quantity snacks available at any time?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post

So, according to UA, the flight suddenly takes 1h30 instead of 11h30 just because of some tail winds? And that's why they don't need to stock up on noodles in international business class where other airlines on the route offer near-meal quantity snacks available at any time?
                          Cost-cutting a bit like sex, when you're fully engaged in it, all logic gets thrown out of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            Cost-cutting a bit like sex, when you're fully engaged in it, all logic gets thrown out of the window.
                            Interesting choice of words

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              If it's really like dot dot dot, I suppose there's no point stopping till the end

I see visions of UA passengers pedalling to their destinations soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X