• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ A380 Website

Airlineslover
    SQ A380 website

« Thread started on: Aug 23rd, 2006, 9:14pm »
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been posted somewhere in this forum. I suppose most people has known about the A380 First to fly website.

When I visited again this afternoon, just found out about Singapore Airlines A380 Quiz and Draw Competition for winning seats on the first A380 flight. Check this out. This competition is available on http://www.a380.singaporeair.com/home.html. Have fun!

Anyway, this is one of my favorite sites to visit. Quite an impressive page.
    « Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2006, 9:16pm by Airlineslover »

jjpb3
    Re: SQ A380 website
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:54pm »
    I'll believe that's a real contest only if I win something!
    I found the video of the evacuation test somewhat disturbing, rather than totally reassuring. Yes, they completed the test within the required time, but did you see how people were piling up at the bottom of the slides? my usual worry wart self, I guess.

MANFlyer

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 03:10am »
    The best thing I've seen was a documentary shown in the UK last year about the A380 which included footage of Rolls Royce running a Trent 900 up to full power, then detonating a very small charge on the fan to imitate a foreign object strike.

MadameConcorde
    « Reply #3 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 04:11am »
    I love these RR Trent 900s. They are magnificent engines.

I would so much like to have one blade to make a giant sculpture in my home.

I asked how much one blade cost while at the Farnborough Air Show but no one that was on the RR stand could ever answer my question!

Also one of my fantasies would be to own a used Olympus 593 from one of the Concordes. The problem is that I would not know where to put it!
    Last edited by shortfinals; 4 November 2006, 11:09 AM.

The Superjumbo website has been updated with interactive content.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
      The Superjumbo website has been updated with interactive content.
      Nice webiste but far too slow.

Comment

Working...
      X