• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF axes routes - SIN/HKG/CGK/JNB/DUB/SYD

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

Gulf Air takes off for good

Steve Creedy, Aviation writer
    April 19, 2007

FINDING a flight to Europe over the northern summer peak season will prove more difficult with the announcement by Gulf Air that it will no longer fly to Australia.
    Bahrain-based Gulf, which joins the exodus from Australia led by European airlines, will scrap its flights from Sydney from July 1.

The airline, until recently headed by Australian expatriate James Hogan, says the decision is necessary if it is to survive. It is losing more than $US1 million ($1.2 million) a day. The tough cost-cutting program includes axing flights to Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Johannesburg and Dublin.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Oh..my...just as I was planning to try GF's First during my holiday in June

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
      Oh..my...just as I was planning to try GF's First during my holiday in June
      As of now, they still fly to BKK. Doesn't cost much to get a SIN-BKK return I'm sure. And there are good deals to be had for BKK-Europe. I haven;t seen anything that suggests BKK has been axed - although I know a lot of their planes got grounded for tech reasons and they couldn't service some places like KUL temporarily.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 April 2007, 02:19 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
      X