Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking availability for upgrade awards

Hey guys,

I have just purchased a Economy KUL-LHR (Y class) and was trying to use the online feature to upgrade to business Savers Awards for my KUL-LHR on May 7th. But the following was returned: -

There is no availability for your selection.

Is there a way to check for availability, or should I call up KF?

Cheers
    Last edited by jjpb3; 17 April 2007, 11:03 PM. Reason: slight rewording because of new thread

Maybe the system has problems figuring out the J class on the KULSIN sector?

Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
      Is there a way to check for availability, or should I call up KF?
      Log into your KF account, and pretend you'll do an online redemption for a free Business Class ticket. (Ignore any warnings about not having sufficient miles.) If your flight doesn't have availability, the box next to it would say "Seat to Waitlist".

Or yes, you could just call KF.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 17 April 2007, 11:01 PM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Do, what jjpb3 suggested, but for SIN-LHR segment only. And yes, it seems the website can't do KUL-SIN due to 2-class service only. Otherwise, to make it easier for the whole trip, just call KF! Wish you the best! (Hmm hope you are not booked for the night flight, which usually full of paid C pax!)

Comment

The reason why I wanted to do it online is for the 15% discount! It's an offer too good to refuse! I will definitely try what jjpb3 has suggested. Good idea actually.

CGK I booked the morning flight...what a waste of the spacebed!

Comment

I have already called up KF, and they really have no availability for all the flights from 5th May - 9th May.

Really that brisk business huh? I will call again a week later.

I am sure they are blocking these seats for sale purpose? How does it work actually, do they allocate the seats available for upgrade?

I did a dummy booking for 4 pax on the same flight and it's available?
            Last edited by quik!; 18 April 2007, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I am sure they are blocking these seats for sale purpose? How does it work actually, do they allocate the seats available for upgrade?

I did a dummy booking for 4 pax on the same flight and it's available?
              Its called revenue management

Comment

The reason why I wanted to do it online is for the 15% discount! It's an offer too good to refuse! I will definitely try what jjpb3 has suggested. Good idea actually.

CGK I booked the morning flight...what a waste of the spacebed!
                It's not a waste! After all it is 13 hours flight time.
                Anyway, can't you ask for waitlisted for upgrade? And I would tell the agent that since involving that KUL-SIN thus unable to do it online, perhaps a nice words would suffice to get 15% discounts via phone.

The weekend you are traveling is also a long holiday weekend right? Well, as savage25 said, it is revenue management. It's possible seats open up near to the departure date.

Comment

The reason why I wanted to do it online is for the 15% discount! It's an offer too good to refuse!
                  My very problem too. Like CGK said, I better call SQ and ask nicely.Glad you asked this question.

Comment

I have already called up KF, and they really have no availability for all the flights from 5th May - 9th May.

Really that brisk business huh? I will call again a week later.

I would waitlist for the upgrade, quik!. Your EG status will help you out there, even though you'll remain at the mercy of revenue management.

In my view, the cost of waitlisting (not clearing, and therefore riding in Y, which you booked anyway) is outweighed by the upside (the chance to use your miles for Business Class travel).
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                    X