Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One measely meal on SQ 12 SIN-NRT in Y ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One measely meal on SQ 12 SIN-NRT in Y ?

Flight time is 6+ hours and SQ only serves one meal right after takeoff from SIN. I was absolutely famished by the time I got to NRT!

Cutbacks again?

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    Flight time is 6+ hours and SQ only serves one meal right after takeoff from SIN. I was absolutely famished by the time I got to NRT!

Cutbacks again?
    Been this way for quite some time. But few years back, they will serve a Continental Breakfast after takeoff and Lunch before landing into NRT. In fact, SQ is the only airline that only serves a meal on the NRT route. Other airlines plying the route (JAL, ANA, DL, UA) will serve a meal and a snack.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I was on SQ16 to SFO.
      During transit time in ICN, I went to lounge to have some food before re-boarding.
      The meal on board is too little for me, considering I am not a big eater..

Comment

Personally, I think the delights on offer after arrival in Tokyo are much better than any meal/snack/whatever on the plane (SQ or any other airline; any class) so I certainly would be happy to starve myself for a few hours on the plane. YMMV of course.

Comment

You can always request the SQ instant noodle if required! It is actually quite large size and is quite delicious!

Comment

I think if you take SQ 638, refreshment will be served after take off , and breakfast service served before landing.

For red eye flight sectors to Australia, Supper and Continental Breakfast will be served.

Comment

The SIN-EWR flight is 18hrs and yet officially, they serve only 2 meals. Though one can ask for a snack meal in between.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Personally, I think the delights on offer after arrival in Tokyo are much better than any meal/snack/whatever on the plane (SQ or any other airline; any class) so I certainly would be happy to starve myself for a few hours on the plane. YMMV of course.
                I'm beginning to eat less on board for this reason.

Avoid complimentary buffet breakfasts at hotels in Japan for same reason

Comment

Working...
                X