Lounge access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge access?

Not sure if this is the correct place for questions like this. If it's wrong please let me know ya.

Anyway, skipping through a pretty darn long story, I was given 2 return tickets to KL.

Ticket 1:
    3K's last flight of the day to KL and the return flight is also the last flight of the day to Singapore.

Reaching each destination at around 12am in the morning, needless to say, suffers the inconvenience of lack of transport. Therefore I'm wondering if I can avoid clearing customs immediately (no checked in luggage, only hand carry ones) and just relax at the respective airside lounges till around 7am in the morning and I can catch the first train/bus out of the airport?

I'm thinking of using my credit cards to access the lounges if available.
    Namely:
    Diners Club (Supplementary card, and I can't remember which version is it)
    MayBank Visa Platinum (Supp card too)
    CitiBank Visa

I've read from Diners Club's website that their Supp card can gain access too, just that it requires a payment of SGD$30. So would like to confirm the information for this card.

What about additional guests? Actually only 1 more guest.

Ticket 2:
    Similar to 3K actually. AirAsia's last flight into KL and last flight into Singapore. AirAsia's last flight to Singapore seems pretty fine, if i scurry my short legs a little faster might actually be able to catch last train.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place for questions like this. If it's wrong please let me know ya.

Anyway, skipping through a pretty darn long story, I was given 2 return tickets to KL.

Ticket 1:
    3K's last flight of the day to KL and the return flight is also the last flight of the day to Singapore.

Reaching each destination at around 12am in the morning, needless to say, suffers the inconvenience of lack of transport. Therefore I'm wondering if I can avoid clearing customs immediately (no checked in luggage, only hand carry ones) and just relax at the respective airside lounges till around 7am in the morning and I can catch the first train/bus out of the airport?

I'm thinking of using my credit cards to access the lounges if available.
    Namely:
    Diners Club (Supplementary card, and I can't remember which version is it)
    MayBank Visa Platinum (Supp card too)
    CitiBank Visa

I've read from Diners Club's website that their Supp card can gain access too, just that it requires a payment of SGD$30. So would like to confirm the information for this card.

What about additional guests? Actually only 1 more guest.

Ticket 2:
    Similar to 3K actually. AirAsia's last flight into KL and last flight into Singapore. AirAsia's last flight to Singapore seems pretty fine, if i scurry my short legs a little faster might actually be able to catch last train.

Thanks in advance!
    Not sure on Singapore issued credit cards into lounge access - but on your second ticket, you'll arrive into the LCCT - the train does not go there.

Comment

Ticket 2: As SQFG mentioned, no train service from LCCT (Budget terminal which AirAsia operates).

You can catch the AirAsia BUS to the KL Sentral station (so does the train) though.

Comment

hmm. ok thanks for the info.

another question.. will there be any trouble if i choose to stay in the airside upon arrival and only clear the customs the following morning?

airside has more comfortable chairs as compared to landside and taxi fares are too expensive with the midnight charge and all.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
          hmm. ok thanks for the info.

another question.. will there be any trouble if i choose to stay in the airside upon arrival and only clear the customs the following morning?
          No problem. KUL is a 24 hour airport, just that some shops close late at night, so it'll get a bit quiet.

The other alternative is to use the airside hotel, or if you choose to use the AK ticket, tune hotel (just outside the LCCT)

Comment

I'd use the KLIA transit hotel and the LCCT Tune Hotel.

I've done almost 3 hrs in the KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge before and was bored out of my mind. In the wee hours of the morning to boot. That's about the maximum I'd want to stay in there.

The Plaza Premium at LCCT is even worse.

Comment

thanks so much to everyone for the info.

well as long as the lounge has powerpoints and free wifi, i can entertain myself for quite a fair bit with my phone.

only issue is i'm double checking on the lounge access, especially with diners club. they seem to provide a lot of access around the world but yet at the same time has very very confusing T&Cs with respect to the access.

hopefully someone can help me clarify. DC's CS isn't exactly helpful. they themselves are not clear and asked me to refer to higher up.

but tune hotel seems great. i just need a bed and a shower. that's all. well air conditioning too. no need to save on that.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Ticket 2: As SQFG mentioned, no train service from LCCT (Budget terminal which AirAsia operates).

You can catch the AirAsia BUS to the KL Sentral station (so does the train) though.
                there is a "shuttle" service between LCCT and Main Airport.
                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                X