Kebaya uniforms on GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kebaya uniforms on GA

did garuda dump the kebaya uniform for thier flight attendants?

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
    did garuda dump the kebaya uniform for thier flight attendants?
    I believe the more senior FAs serving in the premium cabins are still using the kebaya uniform.

Comment

When I travelled GA last Nov from CGK - NRT - DPS - DGK, I was informed by the senior purser of that flight (he's been with GA for 30 years) that GA had dropped the Kebaya Uniform completely. He also regretted the decision and told me that a lot of senior FA also preferred the Kebaya Uniform which they had been wearing for the last 5 - 6 years.

By the way, they also dropped the dark navy blue color skirt now. All they have is the green color ones. The batik still comes in 2 colours but eventually it will just go to 1 green colour base which I think is a bad choice.
      Last edited by UMD; 15 April 2007, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        When I travelled GA last Nov from CGK - NRT - DPS - DGK, I was informed by the senior purser of that flight (he's been with GA for 30 years) that GA had dropped the Kebaya Uniform completely. He also regretted the decision and told me that a lot of senior FA also preferred the Kebaya Uniform which they have been wearing for the last 5 - 6 years.

By the way, the also dropped the dark navy blue color skirt now. All they have is the green color ones. The batik still comes in 2 colours but eventually it will just go to 1 green colour base which I think is a bad choice.
        Oh my bad, the last time I flew GA was over a year ago. That's really a shame they dropped the kebaya uniform. Do you know why? I also agree the navy blue batik is so much better than the green color one!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ168 View Post
          Oh my bad, the last time I flew GA was over a year ago. That's really a shame they dropped the kebaya uniform. Do you know why? I also agree the navy blue batik is so much better than the green color one!
          Unfortunately no FA or purser knew why. However, it seems GA is focusing on the Green color if you see the design of its new website.

The purser complained to me that it was ashamed that GA could not even promote Indonesian's culture. He told me how it was strange to see SQ, MH, and BI have batik kebaya for their female FAs while GA does not. He went on to tell me that the female FAs do look more refined in kebaya because they needed to wear their hair in a certain style.

Comment

what a great shame. So sad how they had to dump the kebaya. Now they're like every other airline with the business suits.

Garuda indonesia uniforms
            http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html
            Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 16 April 2007, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X