Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ South Island

Hi All,

Considering the Earthquake at Christchurch earlier this year, would visiting Christchurch in early 2013 actually be logical for a small family?

Doing some location planning and is deciding between EU, US or NZ South Island. Traveling for a family of 3. Cheers.
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

One of the best places on earth bar none. Have always enjoyed it, and much prefer renting a small saloon car and driving around than flying.

Put on some armor/carry a bow and arrow/staff/axe , wear a few rings and you can do your best Legolas/Aragorn/Gandalf/Gimli or Sauron impresson

Comment

For 2013, I'd worry about this next year!

Comment

I think Christchurch is a no-go for several years yet. Certainly fly in there, but then drive out straight away. The South Island has far more to offer than Christchurch - always did, IMHO.

Comment

Yes, very sad about the devastation around Christchurch. A lot of the beautiful sites, restaurants and motels were damaged in the last 2 quakes. But there is still much you and your family can do. One thing is to take that beautiful train ride - TranzAlpine - from Christchurch to Greymouth. And as the other posts say, there's more to South Island than just Christchurch - Queenstown, Milford Sound, Te Anau, the glaciers, just to name a few. A slow self-drive holiday is best and if it is your first time, don't rent one of those camper vans would be my recommendation, just drive a sedan, much safer.

Everytime I go there my blood pressure drops 20 points.

Comment

Working...
          X