Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA locks

For our regular US travellers....

Which TSA approved locks do you use and recommend?

Isn't it only one kind? I think which has a symbol red colored?

Comment

I would recommend the one with the loop from Brookstone (USA).
      Very light so won't be too much of a burden to the zippers.

Comment

Also avoid the ones with thin rigid metal bars (the U-shaped portion of the lock). IME, these warp after a few trips.

I prefer TSA locks in fluorescent colors. They make my luggage easier to spot.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thank you thank you...you're a wealth of info.

Comment

If you're using a soft-case, I would suggest cable ties on the zipper lock loops. No, I'm NOT winding you up. Don't pull it all the way where its tight. Use the longer ones and leave plenty of slack for them to cut it IF they want. Then again, I used this method back in '03, only use carry-on now

Comment

Yeah, good point. If I can get away with a carry-on, then no point in getting the locks (no pun intended).

Comment

Here is your answer.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ant/locks.shtm

Air Travel
                Travel Assistant
                TSA Recognized Baggage Locks

We all sometimes need a little extra sense of security, but before you lock your bag, make sure it’s a TSA accepted lock. We screen every bag before it’s placed on any airplane. While our technology allows us to electronically screen bags, there are times when we need to physically inspect a piece of luggage. If a bag is locked, we are allowed to cut the lock off. That’s where recognized locks come in. We worked in partnership with several companies to develop locks which offer you security without interrupting the security we offer. These locks are normally available at airports and travel stores nationwide.

Before you buy a lock for your bag, make sure to use a TSA accepted one. Look for these symbols to make sure you have the right lock.

Not sure where to get one? Try these Web sites for TSA accepted locks:

http://www.safeskieslocks.com/

http://www.travelsentry.org/

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  Yeah, good point. If I can get away with a carry-on, then no point in getting the locks (no pun intended).
                  If you really want to maximize the NY experience, do some shopping (and compare what you see to UK prices , if the UK even offers some of what you see in NYC, particularly in the West and East Villages, Chelsea and Union Square). If you're even remotely a value hunter, you won't find a carry-on sufficient for your NYC-UK leg.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    If you really want to maximize the NY experience, do some shopping
                    It's strange that you should say that...I was considering purchasing a Tumi product while there. Still cannot decide what though...hmm
                    Last edited by SQFAN; 15 April 2007, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                      Here is your answer....
                      Thanks for the info, SQTalker. In fact, I did those research prior to posting here. Was looking for any good ones that SQTalkers use. Sort of reliable reco..

Comment

Remember a shop near KFC at People's Park Complex selling luggages there? There's got one luggage with a TSA lock. Go try your luck, they are still selling them if I'm not wrong.

Also, Classified Ads did feature about TSA locks before.

Comment

Working...
                        X