BD DC + NH Availability Tool = Brilliant FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD DC + NH Availability Tool = Brilliant FFP

I know MAN Flyer has been trying to tell me just what I was missing as I stuck with KrisFlyer, but hey, I'm a stubborn donkey.

I finally made a redemption booking today for my LHR-SYD trip in the summer, and for less than £750 and fewer than 100K miles, I'm going to be sat in First between LHR and SIN. OK, so it's not SQ all the way, but it will be a good ride nonetheless (TG between LHR and BKK, SQ between BKK and SIN). The ANA availability tool is invaluable, because the agent initially denied my request, as his computer looked for the most direct routing.

Now I can focus my spending towards a reasonable J class flight between SIN and SYD. (Sadly, looks like it won't be SQ, as they're just too expensive. )

I'm a very happy camper.

Cheers, MAN Flyer.

P.S. TG is showing up as the cheapest option for SIN-SYD, but the flight to SYD is on the 777-200/200ER: is the discount due to the decrepit business class?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    P.S. TG is showing up as the cheapest option for SIN-SYD, but the flight to SYD is on the 777-200/200ER: is the discount due to the decrepit business class?
    Hmm I didn't know BKK-SYD has switched from a 744 to a 772ER. In theory, 772ER = nice new seats (the ones I had on BKK-MEL back in December).

I think the discount is to compensate for the unpredictability as to what you'd get.

Now if only I can somehow get my hands on that bmi mastercard....

Oh btw it's cheaper doing your award from Europe 2, eg CPH.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 12 April 2007, 01:54 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Why not getting the award all the way to SYD????
      Or do miles + cash???

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Why not getting the award all the way to SYD????
        Or do miles + cash???
        I did do cash+miles. I did two one-ways in case I need to adjust my return flight.

As for going all the way to SYD, I need the miles to retain BD *G. Remember that *A is my second alliance -- much easier for me to rack up the miles on OW due to work travel. To help with mileage accrual, I'm trying to fit non-Y travel over the shorter distance SIN-SYD where the fares are comparatively lower, in absolute terms, compared to LHR-SIN / Asia-Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Oh btw - it's cheaper doing your award from Europe 2, eg CPH.
          Cheaper in terms of miles, not really in terms of the time spent travelling.

My vacation time is too limited, I'm afraid.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 12 April 2007, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Joanna just emailed me saying my BD Gold status match application was approved. Watch out for major devaluations in the program - they follow me around

Comment

Congratulations, Savage25, for your new BD Gold!

Comment

I know MAN Flyer has been trying to tell me just what I was missing as I stuck with KrisFlyer, but hey, I'm a stubborn donkey.
                ....I'm a very happy camper.

Cheers, MAN Flyer.
                shhhhhh

Comment

Better late than never, I suppose....

Comment

..., I'm going to be sat in First between LHR and SIN. OK, so it's not SQ all the way, but it will be a good ride nonetheless (TG between LHR and BKK, SQ between BKK and SIN).
                    Your routing makes me think hard. You are taking the risk of getting old F seat on TG. A friend just flew TG F BKK-LHR last week, and he said it was the old seat style, and below average service. I don't like to gamble. Thus, taking TG for me is a risky choice.
                    Should you try to get LH FRA-SIN? Then you can experience the First Class Terminal. And I believe even SQ LHR-SIN would be opened up later or sooner.

Comment

No availability on the dates I needed, unfortunately. But I'll try again later. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

And I believe even SQ LHR-SIN would be opened up later or sooner.
                        Grrr..hope so...I have 25k miles I need to burn by a certain date or 8k miles by end April. How how how....

No availability on the dates I needed, unfortunately. But I'll try again later. Thanks for the heads up.
                        Same here as well jjpb3. I tried looking but no success either for my LHR-SIN.

Comment

Indian call centre fails geography test

I made my first ever redemption booking from Zone 7 to Zone 7. According to the charts, it was supposed to be 10000 miles+£70 cash for F class. All booked and paid for this morning.

Ten minutes ago, I got a call from BD's Indian Call centre saying there has been a mistake and it should be more miles and cash : 5,000 miles plus £100 more! Thank goodness I had my chart with me and with far too much prior analysis, and I immediately questioned the agent. He insisted my destination was in Zone 10..I said "No No..It's in Zone 7". "Hold on a moment", he says. He then came back saying everything is OK...and not even a word of apology for causing the confusion.

Moral of the story : analysis and good backup material.

Comment

Congratulations! You can YM me which flights you are on. Perhaps I can join you!

Comment

Congratulations! You can YM me which flights you are on. Perhaps I can join you!
                              Yipee!!! Have just YM you...

Comment

Working...
                              X