X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI and UA in bid to run joint transatlantic operations

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/BUSINESS...eut/index.html

Report: UK's bmi seeks closer ties with United Air

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- British airline bmi and United Airlines of the United States have applied to the U.S. government to form an alliance that would effectively merge their transatlantic operations, the Times reported on Wednesday.

Under the plan, passengers would only deal with one airline when they book a flight, the newspaper said. The companies would remain separate, however, it added.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Oh my g*wd..

It's going to be like the blind leading the blind !

Comment

UA I can understand but I can only presume that you haven't sampled BD's transatlantic J product, as it is fabulous. The on board chefs provide the best catering I have ever had, on any airline, in any class.

They are fitting SpaceBed clones up front as well soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        UA I can understand but I can only presume that you haven't sampled BD's transatlantic J product, as it is fabulous. The on board chefs provide the best catering I have ever had, on any airline, in any class.

They are fitting SpaceBed clones up front as well soon.
        True, chef is very nice & original. But United have just top trumped bmi with flat beds & avod. If they were combined then they would turn heads.

It's a nice plan though...but bmi have cleverly backed out of TATL flights until the dust from open skies settles & they've sorted out the ex-BMED routes. After that though, bmi/united/us airways combo could cleave through the TATL market...maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
          True, chef is very nice & original. But United have just top trumped bmi with flat beds & avod. If they were combined then they would turn heads.
          When was the last time you flew BD and UA longhaul to make that comparison ?.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
            ... But United have just top trumped bmi with flat beds & avod.
            UA with flat bed just started and only IAD-FRA-IAD once a day. It doesn't mean with just one flight a day with a new product, an airline can have all the advantages.

Comment

So what's going to happen to UA/LH alliance?
              Don't they share TATL revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                So what's going to happen to UA/LH alliance?
                Don't they share TATL revenue?
                LH has an option to buy BD out (currently they have a 30% stake I think), so....

Comment

Working...
                X