Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best location for staying in Los Angeles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best location for staying in Los Angeles?

Hi,
    I will be in Los Angeles in the middle of June and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to the best locations to stay in LA? Based on my research I've concluded that West Hollywood is THE place to be in Los Angeles for action (based on Lonely Planet and Frommers). Also, does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the same? I've currently narrowed my search down to a very average looking Renaissance Hollywood and the W Hollywood, however based on KeithMEL's review of the hotel it seems to be in a very quiet area of LA. Please note I will be travelling with my family so I'd like to stay out of any clubbing/partying districts.
    All information is appreciated!
    Viraj

P.S. Have checked out Beverly Hills as I understand it is very premium however I'm on a $250+ nightly budget and the only decent hotel that is remotely affordable in the area seems to be the Beverly Hilton.
    Last edited by viraj735; 23 May 2011, 06:38 AM.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

There are 2 Ws in Los Angeles. I reviewed the W Westwood (quiet residential area), which is a different hotel to the W Hollywood (touristy area, but it's not in West Hollywood).

Based on the "out of any clubbing/partying districts" requirement, you should avoid Sunset Strip which is where the majority of West Hollywood/Beverly Hills nightlife is centered. Which is a pity as there are a lot of very cool hotels in that area.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks for the information
      Yeah, it's a tough call. (I'm 16) and my parents will be joining me for my trip to the US thins year and I'm doing my best to convince them that there's other things to do in WeHo besides the usual. My dad seems to be convinced by the W property so i've got my fingers crossed.
      Once again, thanks for the information of the W hotels much appreciated, Keith!
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I stayed at the Beverly Hilton just last month and were it not for my last Q3FN, it would have cost USD431 on the night I stayed. If you can get this for within USD250, I wouldn't hesitate to book it. I would stay there again without hesitation. I'll definitely be back.

A proper Hilton in a sense. I would imagine my parents enjoying it very much indeed, had they come along with me. They're actually in the area in the next two weeks but have decided to book Pasadena and Anaheim instead as they'd like to see the OC later on. Thanks to taipeiflyer for the tip to go shopping at South Coast Plaza also!

You can also do what 9V-SIA did (and posted on this forum) and stay near Santa Monica, that's a nice area to be at, also. He picked Shutters, but hasn't mentioned the price.

Wasn't interested in WeHo ultimately and it's a bit further down from what I could see. Much prefer to be in Beverly Hills if that's where I'm intending to walk around.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5092
          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
          X