SQ catching the TG disease at BKK ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ catching the TG disease at BKK ?

I thought I was doing well getting an op-up last week. Sure enough payback came a few days later.

Got to BKK for SQ971, at the ungodly hour of 0630 for a BKK departure. Rolled up at the F check in to be told 'sorry sir the aircraft has been changed, and there is no First Class'

It's only a short flight so can't get too exited and I was given an envelope with a covering letter and a 'gift'. What do people think would be appropriate c**********n for such cruelty ?. Or should I just accept it regardless bearing in mind my Hens Teeth stytlee op-up too F a few days earlier ?.

Don't keep us in suspense - what was the "gift" ?!?

Comment

IIRC, tfung experienced a similar situation once (ex-BKK) and the compensation package was quite generous.

Comment

Asking for a Megatop gratis would be too much?

Ahhh, but where would you park it?

At a minimum, SQ needs to give you cash money (not an SQ credit) for the difference between the F fare you paid and a commensurate J fare for that one leg (i.e., if you purchased full fare, it should be the difference between the full fare amounts for each class, but if you purchased discounted F, they should compare it to discounted J so that you get the full amount of the difference).

Then, to keep a good customer happy, they *should* give you some additional compensation for the aggravation. I would think a paid-J-to-F upgrade for another SE Asian flight would do it.

So what did they give you? What was the gift?

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
          Asking for a Megatop gratis would be too much?

Ahhh, but where would you park it?
          One of the Skysuites for the living room would do...

Comment

At a minimum, SQ needs to give you cash money (not an SQ credit) for the difference between the F fare you paid and a commensurate J fare for that one leg (i.e., if you purchased full fare, it should be the difference between the full fare amounts for each class, but if you purchased discounted F, they should compare it to discounted J so that you get the full amount of the difference).
            I experienced an involuntary downgrade once due to overbooking on a SIN-HKG flight. To compensate they gave me in cash the fare difference between J and Y plus another free upgrade voucher (either Y to J or J to F) on any SIN-asia flight.

I did not have a choice because the other option was to take the next flight out to HKG which was much later. Thinking back I thought the package was not that bad considering the flight was a relatively short one.

Comment

Sorry what's an op-up btw? Is that a miles-redemption upgrade?

Comment

Op-Up is short for Operational Upgrade. Its given when due to operational issues; like overbooking; you get upgraded for FREE by the airline

Comment

Originally posted by sQchap View Post
                  I experienced an involuntary downgrade once due to overbooking on a SIN-HKG flight. To compensate they gave me in cash the fare difference between J and Y plus another free upgrade voucher (either Y to J or J to F) on any SIN-asia flight.
                  That sounds quite reasonable, pretty much what I said the compensation should be. I'd have had no complaints with that, especially considering they gave you an option to take a later flight in the originally ticketed class.

Comment

Originally posted by sQchap View Post
                    That's the same as what I got about a year and a half ago when the plane from BKK-SIN was downgaged to a plane without F... not a bad deal considering I ended up using the coupon for a SIN-NRT flight...

Comment

Well I got a refundable Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) of SGD500, but no free upgrade voucher. I wonder if I should push it and ask for that as well...

Comment

Hmm down-grade for BKK-SIN got SGD500.
                        Unsatisfactory 77W inaugural flight got only $1,4** PPS Value.

Comment

Working...
                        X