New: Online upgrade redemption now with 15% discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: Online upgrade redemption now with 15% discount

Just checked this today and it says 15% discount is now applicable to online upgrades as well

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...edeemMiles.jsp

Redeem Round-Trip awards,One-Way awards and Upgrades online and save 15% on the usual miles required.*
    *Only to Singapore Airlines destinations with electronic ticketing facilities.
    *For upgrades :
    The commercial bookings must have been made online.
    Economy Class tickets purchased on Singapore Airlines must be booked online in S, Y, B, M or E booking classes to be eligible for the upgrade redemption award.

Finally!

Now if only they would rescind the extortionate levels on 77W redemptions, KrisFlyer might become more attractive again.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      Just checked this today and it says 15% discount is now applicable to online upgrades as well

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...edeemMiles.jsp

Redeem Round-Trip awards,One-Way awards and Upgrades online and save 15% on the usual miles required.*
      *Only to Singapore Airlines destinations with electronic ticketing facilities.
      *For upgrades :
      Economy Class tickets purchased on Singapore Airlines must be booked online in S, Y, B, M or E booking classes to be eligible for the upgrade redemption award.
      Excellent piece of news!

So are they going to allow saver awards on the 77W?

Comment

Finally, after months of seemingly endless bad news, something good for once.

Comment

Excellent news! Hope this is a permanent feature and not just a short term thing

Comment

I am glad to see this. Nevertheless,

which means you need to book the commercial booking first and no special discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post

which means you need to book the commercial booking first and no special discounts.
              ...indeed, and make sure that the fare you book is in the correct ticketing class - unhelpfully only shown towards the final stages of tweaking the booking, just before paying!

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                So are they going to allow saver awards on the 77W?
                Doubt it. Am booked on 77W and where the upgrade options appear, they only show "unrestricted ".

Comment

Erm..not useful for me..as I generally booked thru the company's travel agent !!

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                    Erm..not useful for me..as I generally booked thru the company's travel agent !!
                    Made mine thru Corp TA also. The option shows up in 'My Bookings' after you've ticketed.

Comment

I just did an upgrade redemption for SQ861 (B77W) on 15th April from Y to J. Got the 15% discount.
                      Last edited by Jubilee777; 7 April 2007, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                        I just did an upgrade redemption for SQ861 (B77W) on 15th April from Y to J. Got the 15% discount.
                        So, it's 25500 miles I presume for the upgrade?
                        I am tempted to do the upgrade in May......either one on SQ861 or 862.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          So, it's 25500 miles I presume for the upgrade?
                          I am tempted to do the upgrade in May......either one on SQ861 or 862.
                          Yes. 25500 miles one way. Not too bad, with a private seat + book the cook...at least some good news from SQ after the slew of bad stuff from KF. Too bad Seat 11A on the flight is taken by a LPPS...

Comment

Yes. 25500 miles one way....
                            So, upgrades on 77W flights are actually available. I thought SQ announced that no upgrades/awards in F/C for 77W flights.

Comment

So, upgrades on 77W flights are actually available. I thought SQ announced that no upgrades/awards in F/C for 77W flights.
                              I thought it was for the long-haul flights only?

Too bad Seat 11A on the flight is taken by a LPPS...
                              Why not go for 11K? So you can observe how this particular LPP in 11A behaves during the flight!

Comment

Working...
                              X