Can't get KUL-LHR to price at W: why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get KUL-LHR to price at W: why?

Crap, for some reason, I can't seem to price KUL-LHR in Y for the usual fare (W)!!

Now it's showing RM5,190 (compared to RM3,9K!)

What is happening?!?

Originally posted by quik! View Post
    Crap, for some reason, I can't seem to price KUL-LHR in Y for the usual fare (W)!!

Now it's showing RM5,190 (compared to RM3,9K!)

What is happening?!?
    MYR5190 appears to be the 'fully flexi' fare.
    Either there is no availability in anything other than full Y (or B), or there's something wrong with the website.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

How far ahead is your trip, quik!?

If it's too close, only flexi fares may be what's left. If it's too far ahead, saver fares might not be loaded yet.

There's always the matter of the website bugging out again.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Even if it was just 1 week before departure, the price is usually constant. I tried pricing 1 month, 2 months, and 3 month lead time. Still RM5190. Not good, not good...

I am hoping that it's just a website bug! My corporate travel lady won't be happy!

Comment

It seems that quite a few fares had big increases.
          I was trying to book MNL-SIN-AKL in Y and C.
          Towards the end of last year Y was only US$ 1,200.00 now the cheapest I can find for every month I checked (May/June/July) is US $ 2,600.00.
          C/J is up by over $ 1,000.00 compared to end of last year too.
          Maybe it's a sign of things to come.
          TG has a fare from BKK for around US $ 1,000.00 in Y.

Comment

Ticket prices went up wef 1-Apr. My corp TA gave me the low down and made sure itineraries were ticketed before that. For the flights I was looking at prices went up one fare class.

Comment

Fares on HKG-SIN are up as well, the last time I checked.
              At the same time, CX is giving promo rates on TPE-SIN on J for NT$14,300 or less than HK$4000!!

I have already been taking CX in the past 2 trips...with 1 more to come this week Thursday ....

Talking abt status-match...does MPC allow KF members to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                Talking abt status-match...does MPC allow KF members to do so?
                From what I understand, CX comps SL (Silver) status if you show them that you have the potential (either by showing your past 12 months KF statement or by showing them the money - ticketed trips on CX for the coming months).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  From what I understand, CX comps SL (Silver) status if you show them that you have the potential (either by showing your past 12 months KF statement or by showing them the money - ticketed trips on CX for the coming months).
                  My ticketed miles on CX from Dec (abt 14k miles that month alone) last year to April this year already exceeds Silver (30k), yet, they still don't budge when I called them because they claim that the membership runs from Jan to Dec...grrr....and I am still left with 13k++ miles to go this year

Comment

Even if it was just 1 week before departure, the price is usually constant. I tried pricing 1 month, 2 months, and 3 month lead time. Still RM5190. Not good, not good...

I am hoping that it's just a website bug! My corporate travel lady won't be happy!
                    Try getting your corporate TA to book you into W or some other discount class and WL if it's truly not available. Your KF EG should get you on to the priority WL. This would be where a TA (and SQ phone reservations ) would come in very handy as opposed to booking online. Then keep sending msgs across and keep your fingers crossed!

In your case it isn't fares going up but simply a matter of only fully flex fares appearing on the website. You can only determine that there has been a hike if an increased amount is reflected in the fare you'd normally book.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 April 2007, 12:07 PM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

That would mean I would not be getting any bonus miles while booking on SingaporeAir.com using my AMEX KF, and discount classes would devoid me of any full miles

Let's hope this ain't true...but by the looks of it, fares are upped. But I'm going to email reservations and hope to find out.

I just hope MH fares are up too

Comment

I've been watching the fares for KL-LHR as well and the fully flexi fare which is now RM4200 was RM4000 before 31/3 indicating an increase of RM200 which was the practice for the past 2 fare seasons (at least). I haven't seen any W fares loaded yet but in the past, those went up RM200 each time as well.

On a separate note, TG Q (100% miles) is pricing out at RM2450 (RM3553) on their website.

Comment

Yes, it has increase RM200 as I remember it was always RM4.9K for Y fares.

I have emailed SQ, waiitng for reply now.

Comment

With regards to your enquiry, our fares have undergone a revision starting
                            01APR07. As a result, the new set of fares now consists of 1 year or 1 month
                            fares only, followed by the Sweet Deals (2/4 to go). The new booking class
                            for the 1 month tickets are now set at E.

Therefore, it is no longer possible to book for 6 months ticket under W
                            class. Hope you will find the above information useful. Thank you for your
                            feedback.

With regards,

Didier Kheng
                            Singapore Airlines Limited
                            Kuala Lumpur
                            This cant be happening!

Comment

This cant be happening!
                              How much is the difference between a 6month and a 1 year fare?
                              Don't tell me 'fully flexi' is the only possible fare for tickets with year long validity??
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 April 2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X