C ticket but F access granted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C ticket but F access granted

I had what I think is an usual experience with lounge access; any insight into what may have occurred (or some education for me!) would be appreciated.

I recently flew LAX-(NRT)-SIN in F on a redemption ticket. I had a separate, paid ticket SIN-DPS in C. When I checked-in in LAX I was given boarding passes for both flights.

Once in SIN I looked more closely at the SIN-DPS boarding pass and noticed that it said something along the lines of "You are invited to the First Class Silver Kris Lounge." When I went to the lounge in T3 the agent saw the blue boarding pass and initially directed me to the C side, but when I pointed out the first class invite I was directed to the F side with no hesitation on the agent's part.

Did something funny happen here? My understanding was always that lounge access is strictly based on the departing flight.

Thanks!

Interesting new rule? Was TPR access granted also?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Interesting new rule?
      I don't think it's a new rule. I seem to recall instances in the past, in which pax connecting from long-haul F to regional C were allowed access to SKL F, if F was not offered on the regional leg.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I don't think it's a new rule. I seem to recall instances in the past, in which pax connecting from long-haul F to regional C were allowed access to SKL F, if F was not offered on the regional leg.
        Really ?. I can't recall that to be honest, and seem to remember many people moaning about that over the years.

Comment

Can't seem to remember the rule - but also interestingly of note, there must have been some manual intervention on behalf of an agent somewhere because the OP was on two separate tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Really ?. I can't recall that to be honest, and seem to remember many people moaning about that over the years.
            What he said is what I've seen so far...

Would be most interesting to see a picture of said offending BP with the invite printed on it

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              ... Was TPR access granted also?
              Let's not push our luck

Originally posted by SQflyergirl
              Can't seem to remember the rule - but also interestingly of note, there must have been some manual intervention on behalf of an agent somewhere because the OP was on two separate tickets.
              That was my thought as well - maybe the agent in LAX decided to grant access, or maybe she did something wrong.

Originally posted by Kyo
              Would be most interesting to see a picture of said offending BP with the invite printed on it
              Alas, no picture. After 30+ hours of traveling I wasn't that quick thinking.

Comment

This was definitely something done when the op checked in all the way to dps.

Its not something you should push or argue for at check-in. If its given, just accept it quietly.

Comment

I guess my memory's going fast. I stand corrected.

I'm glad it all worked out for you, Loran.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Well, not the case for LHR-(F)-SIN-(J)-KUL. No F lounge invite
                    Last edited by SilverChris; 23 March 2011, 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Well, not the case for KUL-(J)-SIN-(F)-LHR. No F lounge invite
                      Well, that's not what you should have gotten. SIN-LHR in F is TPR/SKL F entitlement. Unless you mean SKL F in KUL, which of course doesn't exist since its a mixed class lounge.

Comment

I was on HKG - (F) - SIN - (J)- BNE and a similiar invitation into F SKL was printed on my boarding pass. The agent queried and shown her supervisor, saying it was a mistake but let me into F SKL anyway. So it wasn't a mistake ?
                        Aim High

Comment

Hi,

I experienced it twice this year: flew in F to SIN on SQ, and connected to J on MI/ SQ. The boarding passes of the second sector clearly stated that I was invited to the F section of the SKL. Showed to lounge attendant and was directed to the F side. No fuss. The second time it happened, I asked if was a new rule. The attendant said that it was indeed a relatively new one, introduced around Dec last year, based on her recollection then.

Comment

Thanks klatsq, will test this... although I'm sure others will test it before I get a chance to

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Well, that's not what you should have gotten. SIN-LHR in F is TPR/SKL F entitlement. Unless you mean SKL F in KUL, which of course doesn't exist since its a mixed class lounge.
                              Wait there was a typo, it's the other way (LHR-SIN (F) SIN-KUL (J))

Comment

Working...
                              X