No announcement yet.

SINGAPORE: An ASIAN HUB for the ARTS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SINGAPORE: An ASIAN HUB for the ARTS ?

Just read on www.sistic.com.sg that the Phantom of the Opera is running during Mar-May

I might change to a stopover iso continuing to Down Under just to catch one of its show in The Esplanade (aka Durian??)

Wonder if any of you fly in specially for shows/events or coincide your itinerary to get some refreshing Asian culture?

The last time my Singaporean friend treated me to The Forbidden City...and I was pretty much impressed by the standard....enough to buy the cd

Of course, then I remembered watching Cirque du Soleil @ Bugis...(which started to come to France only for last 2 years )

The list goes on....

Anyway, anyone keen to catch the Opera Ghost??

The Opera Ghost is a wee bit long in the tooth (pardon my saying)....... but I don't mind watching it once in a while.

However, knowing me, and knowing you, I'd rather you Gimme gimme gimme the honey honey and money money money. After all, that's the name of the game. Voulez Vous? The winner takes it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      However, knowing me, and knowing you, I'd rather you Gimme gimme gimme the honey honey and money money money. After all, that's the name of the game. Voulez Vous? The winner takes it all.
      The Durian was where I caught Mamma Mia.

Unfortunately, the timing of the other shows I've wanted to see hasn't coincided with my visits.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        The Durian was where I caught Mamma Mia.
        Mamma Mia? What's that? I made no mention of Mamma Mia......

Comment

Good idea for a thread ... cos I am hopping over on the 19th to watch Phantom of the Opera at the Esplanade.

After constant (several times an hour ) reminders that I am seriously lacking in Culture and Arts by someone who calls himself my friend, it is about time I watch this one.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            Good idea for a thread ... cos I am hopping over on the 19th to watch Phantom of the Opera at the Esplanade.

After constant (several times an hour ) reminders that I am seriously lacking in Culture and Arts by someone who calls himself my friend, it is about time I watch this one.

Really? Where on earth did u find a friend like that????

Time for you to intro he/she to me
            Last edited by mec; 30 March 2007, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I watched the phantom on Wed nite and thought that it was a good performance. Though "Christine" seemed to be mumbling a bit and was not very clear. Of course, this production cannot beat london's!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                I watched the phantom on Wed nite and thought that it was a good performance. Though "Christine" seemed to be mumbling a bit and was not very clear. Of course, this production cannot beat london's!

Oh wat a surprise!!

I read that the 2 Leads are from Broadway....maybe she's not used to the chilli crabs yet...

Comment

Singapore culture ? Makan and jalan jalan surely!

Comment

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                    Oh wat a surprise!!

I read that the 2 Leads are from Broadway....maybe she's not used to the chilli crabs yet...
                    Was going through the programme and read that there is an alternate christine on certain performances. Guess i got the understudy instead of the lead?

Comment

Working...
                    X