I am glad SQ Serves Proper Timed Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am glad SQ Serves Proper Timed Meals

My cousin recently traveled F class on Traitor Air (CX253) HKG-LHR. It was an early afternoon departure and evening arrival flight. He was totally shocked to discover that they served breakfast as the second meal prior to arrival. "Omelettes, congee....... when I am getting ready to go to bed shortly........what a joke" was his reaction when he phoned me yesterday. He even goes to comment further. "Does CX catering management even have a clue as to when is dinner time and when is breakfast time?" To add insult, he reported that Traitor Air was still using plastic cultery for this route and food was poor. In that he has vowed never to fly CX again for his future Hong Kong - London trips because of this practice. He will not mind the detour via SIN to catch SQ320 so he can have proper F class meals (Lunch followed by Dinner) with proper metaly cultery for future trips.

After the conversation, I still keep scratching my head as to why some carries would serve breakfast for a daytime departure and night arrival for the second meal. Regardless, I am pleased that of all the times I've taken the daytime SQ320 SIN-LHR in Y, J, and F they always serve proper lunch after take-off and dinner prior to landing in LHR. His report gives me one extra reason to avoid CX for LHR trips and take SQ instead. I have not taken the daytime SQ326 to FRA, but I assume the meal pattern are the same like SQ320.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Kudos to your cousin on his future choice of airline!

Comment

Not all the time on SQ unfortunately either.

SQ28 SIN-TPE-LAX: Breakfast type food is served prior to landing. Dinner, Supper then Breakfast. And it lands early evening!

Comment

he could have had the congee or dim sum selection.. those choices aren't necessarily for breakfast...

Anyways, a lot of airlines have this practice. A normal meal at the beginning and breakfast close to arrival. I guess its probably because a lot of people chose to sleep regardless of the time of the flight, so they figured people would want to eat breakfast type foods when they wake up...

Comment

Should we say 253 is designed for pax who love to have dim sum supper? It was kind of Hong Kong Culture before.

Comment

Working...
          X