Barcelona VS San Francisco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona VS San Francisco!

I have a one week break between conferences end of March. (Potentially KL F1 after that) Am torn between two potential destinations that I haven't been since a kid. Could I take a vote/ recommendation to see which direction I should go?

Cheerio to all in advance.

I don't think you can go wrong with this one they are both great cities. Personally I would probably go for Barcelona

Comment

Just go to both!

I'm not qualified anymore to comment on SFO since I haven't been in ages, but BCN remains close to my heart one year on...

Comment

Kyo - a tempting proposition indeed! Mrs SQTed would not be pleased to miss out on both trips.

As of this evening, slightly leaning towards SFO. Cheap USD is just too hard to ignore. But I don't fancy getting, well erm, touched by TSA.

Comes to thing of it, which destination would be more suitable for a solo traveller?

Comment

If you do decide to go to Spain, why not try something new ?

San Sebastian, a pretty seaside town in the Basque region in the northeast of Spain! One of my favourite destinations (I've been about half a dozen times). Probably the foodie capital of Europe let alone Spain with many pintxos (the Basque version of tapas) bars and world class restaurants. I love Arzak - one of the restaurants I'd jump on a plane for - but there are also others in San Sebastian ranking in the world's top 50 restaurant lists (such as this one), e.g. Mugaritz, Martín Berasategui, Akelarre etc.

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
          No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

Decided on Barcelona in mid April instead. Feeling tempted, so i booked San Fran in May too. Should requalify for KF Gold after these two trips.

Any hotels recomendations in San Fran?

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalked View Post
              Any hotels recomendations in San Fran?
              I think any Starwood or Marriott property in SOMA close to a BART station is gonna be ideal as a base for exploring the city
              Le jour de Saint Eugčne, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=427564

Comment

Working...
                X