Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ faces lawsuit over PPS Changes

It's on today's Business Times.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg (Subscription Required)

Doubt SQ will budge.
    Last edited by Bon; 27 March 2007, 09:43 AM.

Small quote:

SIA has an escape clause and is not fazed by a possible court challenge.

'The terms and conditions of the programme allow SIA to change any of the criteria at our sole discretion,' said Mr Forshaw.

'And we've had good support from some PPS members who themselves, have expressed concern that the programme has grown too big and it's becoming too easy to become a member, diminishing the benefits for those who are the real valuable customers.'

Comment

Some interesting numbers from the article:
      - 45,000 PPS worldwide
      - several hundred LPPs
      - PPS members generate 45% of revenue

Comment

I'm not surprised SQ is unfazed by the lawsuit. The airline does have the right to alter the terms of its "loyalty" program at its discretion.

The plaintiffs-to-be are better off voting with their wallets, IMO.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If only the law is as simple as pointing to terms and conditions and saying that that clause applies, end of argument!

Furthermore, I don't know the facts but whilst SQ may perhaps win the case (if it ever went to trial), there's also the management time, expense and possible bad publicitiy of litigation.

Comment

I haven't registered for this, but curious - where are the plaintiffs? Singapore? Cheers.

Comment

I think there may be one in the Vancouver area.

I can't see them winning, but am happy to see them cause them some grief over it. Good on 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I think there may be one in the Vancouver area. :
                oooh, aren't you cruel?

Comment

They won't win the case, but will certainly extract some revenge!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I think there may be one in the Vancouver area.
                    Sure there is one. After all, another e-mail reply from SQ that was confirming the fact that August 31 as the last day of the PPS sectors/miles era is unnegotiable.
                    And, yes, this person will go all out chasing SQ.
                    Last edited by CGK; 28 March 2007, 09:17 AM. Reason: For clarification

Comment

More on the same topic here on REUTERS.

Comment

I want to join this group! haha... maybe they won't get anything publically from SQ, but that doesn't exclude some kinda of settlement out of court and under the table...

Comment

Originally posted by tfung View Post
                          I want to join this group! haha... maybe they won't get anything publically from SQ, but that doesn't exclude some kinda of settlement out of court and under the table...
                          I have a lifetime total of 32 PPS sectors. To paraphrase the Reuters article, I "paid a premium price to fly SIA in the belief -- now mistaken -- that [I] would eventually reach Shangri-la", i.e. TPP! Can I also make a claim ?

The Reuters article mentions a class-action. I don't think these exist in Singapore so are SQ being threatened with litigation in the US ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            I have a lifetime total of 32 PPS sectors. To paraphrase the Reuters article, I "paid a premium price to fly SIA in the belief -- now mistaken -- that [I] would eventually reach Shangri-la", i.e. TPP! Can I also make a claim ?

The Reuters article mentions a class-action. I don't think these exist in Singapore so are SQ being threatened with litigation in the US ?
                            I'll join you! I have 50.25 lifetime PPS sectors and was well on my way to reach LPP by Dec 1st! LOL now I would have to do it by August 31st! Darn! I do not have enough vacation time to do it by then!
                            But someone will

Comment

Is there a difference between Lifetime PPS sectors and normal PPS sectors?
                              Not that it makes a difference to me - short a few hundred .. I can almost feel CGK's pain!

Comment

Working...
                              X