Why Different No. of Choices in A380 Y for Different Destinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Different No. of Choices in A380 Y for Different Destinations

Does anybody know why you have in the A380 service to London in the economy class the choice between 3 different meals however in the A380 to Paris and Zurich only the choice between 2 different meals?
    All of these 3 destinations are served by a A380 service and have the same capacity with 399 economy passengers per plane.
    What's the reason?

Cost-savings and one less cog logistically to worry about

Comment

London is one of the profitable sectors, perhaps that's why giving economy pax more choice.

I heard the snacks in between meals on this sector is one of the best compared to the other stations.

Comment

One word, COMPETITION
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Cost-savings and one less cog logistically to worry about
          That doesn't explain why the same logic wasn't applied to LHR.
          Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          London is one of the profitable sectors, perhaps that's why giving economy pax more choice.
          Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          One word, COMPETITION
          (I think it's the entire kangaroo route that's a profit generator for SQ, and for which it faces home-advantaged carriers at both ends of the route.)
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            That doesn't explain why the same logic wasn't applied to LHR.
            Logic applied by SQ... surely thou jesteth...

Comment

Logic applied by SQ... surely thou jesteth...
              Kyo logic applied by SQ ... surely thou jesteth ...

(Remember the magazines thread? )

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                (Remember the magazines thread? )
                Aye, and you should've heard about the follow-up PVG magazine whinge

Seriously, how difficult can it be to load the right magazines onboard, without furnishing an accompanying half-baked response... *rolls eyes*

Every account was anecdotal and entirely true, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

And I hereby wag my little finger at jjpb3 for dragging this thread off-topic!

Comment

Aye, and you should've heard about the follow-up PVG magazine whinge

Mind you, every account was anecdotal and entirely true...
                  Oh, I think anecdotes tend to be true, in some form or another.

It's when they're being extrapolated to actual policy that a bit of circumspection might be called for.

And so, I acknowledge that I am deserving of the finger-wagging.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

I heard the snacks in between meals on this sector is one of the best compared to the other stations.
                    And also perhaps the LHR flights are slightly longer than both CDG & ZRH?
                    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                    X