Clear All

• Which SQ lounge at SIN can we use?

I'm afraid I know the answer, but...

Sunday 11/21/2010:

1 pax arriving in F on SQ 11, in transit to J on SQ 946 to DPS, no * status
    1 pax arriving in J on SQ 25, in transit to J on SQ 946 to DPS, no * status
    1 pax arriving in Y on SQ 979, in transit to Y on SQ 946 to DPS, * Gold

Two of us can use any SKL J, I know.

The * Gold pax can only use * Gold lounge, right?

So we'd basically need to downgrade ourselves to * Gold if we want to sit in a lounge together, right?

And the better * Gold lounge is in T3, although our flight will depart from T2, right?

What would you do?

well, as departing J pax can access SKL in Terminal 3, and each J pax can guest 1 more pax, all 3 of you can nestled in SKL in Terminal 3 together before setting off for Terminal 2 closer to flight time, at least that's what i'll do

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
      well, as departing J pax can access SKL in Terminal 3, and each J pax can guest 1 more pax, all 3 of you can nestled in SKL in Terminal 3 together before setting off for Terminal 2 closer to flight time, at least that's what i'll do
      Is this new? Last I knew, J BP holders didn't have guest privileges.

How long is the transit, MtL? Is the person in Y understanding / forgiving enough to be separated from the other two for that period of time?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My understanding is the same as jjpb3 - unless it's changed, no guest allowed if travelling in J without *A gold status.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
          I'm afraid I know the answer, but...

Sunday 11/21/2010:

1 pax arriving in F on SQ 11, in transit to J on SQ 946 to DPS, no * status
          1 pax arriving in J on SQ 25, in transit to J on SQ 946 to DPS, no * status
          1 pax arriving in Y on SQ 979, in transit to Y on SQ 946 to DPS, * Gold

Two of us can use any SKL J, I know.

The * Gold pax can only use * Gold lounge, right?

So we'd basically need to downgrade ourselves to * Gold if we want to sit in a lounge together, right?

And the better * Gold lounge is in T3, although our flight will depart from T2, right?

What would you do?
          All three of you can access the SATS Premier lounge in T2 and that is as good as, if not sadly better now, than the J SKL there. The SKL F at T3 is not much better either.

SQ seem to have given up on the SKL's at T2.

Comment

oops, stand correected, maybe previous experiences due to us holding EG status, sorry abt the misinformation

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Isn't that just tragic? It's their home base and there's ZERO continuity between the T2 and T3 SKLs. You would think otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Is this new? Last I knew, J BP holders didn't have guest privileges.

How long is the transit, MtL? Is the person in Y understanding / forgiving enough to be separated from the other two for that period of time?
                For some of us, the transit is upwards of 15 hours, but we'll be staying in town for the overnight bit, having a sniff around here and there, having lunch in Chinatown, then heading back to Changi. Actual time at Changi pre-departure: likely < 2 hours.

Very understanding and forgiving. He may not be happy--he has to sit in the back on the flight, while we're up front having BTC--but he won't hold it against me for long.

Thanks for the info, contributors. Confirmed my suspicion.

Comment

SATS premier T2 could do with renovating the showers though, they are in awful condition
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I recall SQFG mentioning couple of weeks ago that there are being renovated sometime soon. (Then again they said that back in 2007 when I asked them )

Comment

Very understanding and forgiving. He may not be happy--he has to sit in the back on the flight, while we're up front having BTC--but he won't hold it against me for long.
                      Back in the days, a certain YVR VVIP would've had so much fun with that phrasing.
                      Thanks for the info, contributors. Confirmed my suspicion.
                      Glad we could clarify and help.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

i think it was back in August/September, I saw some interior designers having a meeting and presentation at SATS Premier Lounge T2.

Comment

Well, I learned after starting this thread that TG has downgraded Mr. Megatop's status from Gold to Silver. So no lounge access for him at all. I guess he'll chill in duty free whilst my friend (first-time visitor to SIN) and I scope out SKL T3. Mr. Megatop skulks around duty free half the time we're in the airport anyway, and he up and disappears for the other half. So this would be little different.

Comment

you can always try since there are the two of you, there have been alot of times previously where I was allowed in as a guest of a J Boarding Pass holder holding no status, but that time the rules may have been different

Comment

i second suggestion by e-aviation; actually my earlier recommendation was backed by at least 2 personal experiences (as far as i can remember) where i guest one pax on my C BP. even if this is an excetion from SOP, it still means its worth a try

Comment

Working...
                              X