Suggestion for MY trip from SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for MY trip from SG

Assuming that I have 2-1/2 days in Malaysia, coming from Singapore early in the morning, say 9-ish, what's the best way to break down my time if I want to see KL, Putrajaya and Melaka?

I'd recommend not flying in, but driving from Melaka, to Putrajaya, to KL, in that order.

Alternatively, in the opposite order but you've certainly chosen an odd sprinkling of destinations if you don't have personal transportation...

Comment

Of course I don't have a car and it won't be practical for me to pull my luggage when I make a tour of historical Melaka.

But assuming I am flying into KUL and returning to SIN via plane as well 2-1/2 days later?

Comment

Assuming that, I'd be renting a car + GPS for Melaka by day and Putrajaya by night (or you could stay one day/night in Melaka, head to Putrajaya the next morning, and then see as much of KL you can in one day. There are coach services but to go to those places in sequence, you do need quite a fair bit of local knowledge (the order of places/spots you want to see), preferably speak the language and it might not even match with your preferred timees of travel.

To be frank, a bit more time required if you're going to do each one day by day, otherwise you might not have enough left for KL (assuming Melaka and Putrajaya's a must).

Comment

Kyo, I might have done it the other way around, starting in KL and staying one night there.

Do KL both by day and by night.

Then head to Putrajaya the following morning for a drive through and a look around. I don't think it needs a huge amount of time. It is certainly nice at night, and probably better than during the day but even during the day you'll get an good idea of the place. Either after lunch or for lunch head to Melaka (maybe stop in at the A-Fomosa Resort on the way to Melaka for lunch) and spend the afternoon there - there is a nice cultural village, for example, on the drive in.

Finally an evening in Melaka going around the street market and the cafes/restuarants there. Going to Melaka and not going to the market is a crime in itself

Stay overnight and next morning head to SG....... there is your 2.5days. Pick up a car from KLIA, drop it off in Melaka. Alternatively drop the car off in the centre of JB. It should only take you 2-hrs to drive there from Melaka and from JB centre you can take a Singapore taxi directly to any address in Singapore. It used to be RM50 but it could be RM100 now, it's been many years since i took that route.

Comment

Let's assume our flight from KL back to SIN is booked... how can we work around these constraints?

Comment

Then Kyo would be right....... darn it.

Take a bus to Melaka from Singapore, or rent a car in JB and do the drive yourself. Either way you should get there by lunchtime.

Have a look around the Melaka area during the afternoon (though i would definately recommend you rent a car for that). If you don't want to see the night market in Melaka you have the choice of heading to Putrajaya to see it at night and stay there the night or carry on into KL, which would maybe take you an hour.

Your next day is in KL, staying overnight. If you still have the car you can drive back to Putrajaya the following morning in daylight before then dumping the car at the airport. That's your half day.

You have the option, however, of returning the car as soon as you arrive in KL and take the train or taxi to the airport the next day......it all depends on your flight timing and whether you would still like to pass through Putrajaya again on the way - you should not use a car in KL, there is sufficient and good public transport though if all else fails jump in a cheap taxi.

Comment

Working...
              X