CX experiences compared to SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX experiences compared to SQ

Singapore_Air, did you ever write a trip report about your CX experience ? I need to know what to expect when I fly CX later this year as well!

Alas I've been too busy with university work. They work too hard here in Singapore.

It was in Economy Class but needless to say - it was not SQ. Everything from not even one smile observed in the cabin to a flight attendant chucking a newspaper onto a passengers' lap and walking off.

Nevertheless, Service Straight From The Heart eh? I suggest you don't go with reasonable expectations - you'd be disappointed from my experience! (two flights - not a one off thing).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      I need to know what to expect when I fly CX later this year as well!
      I just did CX 712. I did not expect anything. But still for SIN-BKK, SQ is way better than CX.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        I just did CX 712. I did not expect anything. But still for SIN-BKK, SQ is way better than CX.
        I'll be taking CX713 BKK-SIN in F ... in what way is SQ better ? Service ? IFE ? Food ? Seat ? God like treatment ?

Comment

I'll be taking CX713 BKK-SIN in F ... in what way is SQ better ? Service ? IFE ? Food ? Seat ? God like treatment ?
          Good luck. No comment about CX713. Done it before... Certainly depending on the person. Most probably you will like CX.

Comment

No comment about CX713. Done it before...
            Ah, this must be the famous photo of CGK on CX perhaps!

Certainly depending on the person. Most probably you will like CX.
            I like all airlines (with the exception of FR) and it's just a question of liking some (a lot) more than others! Anyway, it will be interesting to compare...

Perhaps I should try some AZ, DL and NW as well ?

Comment

in what way is SQ better ? Service ? IFE ? Food ? Seat ? God like treatment ?
              Only the shy, naive, and innocent get god like treatement!

But to seriously answer your question: IFE, Food, and Seat are much better on SQ.
              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Ah, this must be the famous photo of CGK on CX perhaps!

I like all airlines (with the exception of FR) and it's just a question of liking some (a lot) more than others! Anyway, it will be interesting to compare...

Perhaps I should try some AZ, DL and NW as well ?
                The pic was from HKG to BKK.
                Okay, here is my answer for my CX713 I did last time, and I am thinking about doing it again next week to get my TP for BA Silver.
                IFE, for CX713, there is no movie. On SQ, KrisWorld is not blocked from playng the movies. It is always announced, that due to short flight, may be pax can't finish watching the whole movie.

Food wise, I do prefer SQ. CX meals are to bland for me. The Thai food on SQ, when it's supposed to be spicy, indeed, it's pretty spicy. Okay, on SQ the dessert is only fruits (wrapped in plastic that p***ed off some flyers). But since it's seasonal, I have some nice fruits on board.

Again, my observation is for BKK-SIN segment only.

Comment

From my experiences, the one route where SQ F is miles ahead of CX F is LHR. That's why these days for London business trips, I seldomly bother with CX. Quite pathetic that CX can only afford plastic cultery on this route. And of course it is not only the cultery issue that has led me to judge SQ's superiority on this route.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I don't really mind about the IFE - I only ever watch the flight map.

As for food, I do like spicy food such as the nasi lemak ex-SIN I had. Am I right in thinking that CX doesn't have an equivalent of BTC ? On the other hand, SQ's desserts have never struck me as being very good (e.g. frozen solid) and CX has rice cooked on board.

Does anyone who knows about wine (not me) say whether CX's or SQ's selection is better ? All I know is that CX has a dessert wine which I will certainly try...

Comment

I'm doing both CX713 and 712 in J. I've done SQ, AY, TG, SK (*yuck*) and LX on the SIN-BKK run - will be interested to see how CX compares. SQ's menu on this segment seems a lot more elaborate than the rest...

jhm - I find that wines in J of both airlines are of a very high standard. I would assume the same in F? There are CX beverage lists on CathayTalk or TOF I'm sure. From wine lists, I noticed that SQ consistently has Bordeaux/Shiraz as one of their choices whereas it's a bit random on CX. Pleased to see that both airlines serve Medoc wines - these taste great both on the ground and in the air!
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 March 2007, 10:34 AM. Reason: adding more info - rather than having consecutive posts
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thinking about it, perhaps a fairer food comparison would be each airline out of its home base, i.e. CX HKG-BKK vs SQ SIN-BKK rather than SQ SIN-BKK vs CX SIN-BKK. I wonder if that makes a difference ?

Comment

Thinking about it, perhaps a fairer food comparison would be each airline out of its home base, i.e. CX HKG-BKK vs SQ SIN-BKK rather than SQ SIN-BKK vs CX SIN-BKK. I wonder if that makes a difference ?
                          I've found catering on both airlines to be very good (J and Y), except CX's exLHR flights which for some inexplicable reason has rather mediocre food. SQ in J has much better presentation though. The CX equivalent is a bit simplistic.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, you're also doing, CX 713 HKG-BKK also in F (the lounge, the lounge !!!)... and before that from NRT-HKG possibly with the new F seats. Though the flight isn't nonstop, so there's no Kaiseki meal - which has been known to be better than SQ's... (ok - you may stop throwing rocks at me now)...

CX 713 from BKK to SIN is usually empty in F. You could very well end up being the only F class passenger and then yes, you may be given God like treatment...!

Comment

SQ compared with CX, the contrast is heaven and hail.

For SQ, I also have the experience of the engine failure on the ground, its the flight from HKG to SFO.We waited for about 2 hrs, but I still satisfied with its service, with very quick response, and a very good cabin service, at least the cabin crew will ask you "Do you need any softdrinks or snacks? Do you need any towels? So sorry for the inconveniences!" At least the air-cond will not suddenly be broken down!!

For CX, Um..... it's to bad that I don't want to say anything. If you have no complaints after you've tried it, it's just you are so fortunate, or you must be a very calm person!

In conclusion, my own conclusion, SQ certainly better than CX in all aspects!! Your great way to fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X