Johor aims to be honeymoon destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johor aims to be honeymoon destination

Sometimes I quite enjoy these slow-news days. One never knows what gems one can uncover.

--------
    Johor aims to be honeymoon destination
    The Star | Mon, Oct 25 2010
    Its beautiful beaches were cited as attractive locations for wedding receptions and honeymoons.

JOHOR BARU - Johor wants to position itself as an international honeymoon destination, similar to other popular spots like Bali, Hawaii and Singapore.

Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said Johor had several attractive locations to lure couples from all over the world to have their wedding reception or honeymoon here.

For example, he cited Johor's beautiful beaches like Desaru and the Mersing islands off South China Sea such as Pulau Rawa, Pulau Sibu, Pulau Tinggi and Pulau Besar, as a perfect setting for a beach wedding.

Abdul Ghani said the couples could also choose to have a "green" theme wedding by having their events at parks and gardens.

http://relax.com.sg/relax/news/48201...stination.html

They have to clean up their act first.... especially the legal organised gangs... here's what being posted in a car forum which I frequent....

It was all a thought to bring my mum n sis into jb for a sumptuos meal n yet it turn out to be a nightmare...

Once I clear d JB customs, after the shell station, the usual narrow route to new York hotel, the traffic was heavy n thus I was stuck in the jam moving very slowly.. And there at the side are 2 Malaysia polis bikes.. I saw them looking at my car... My car is stock exterior never mod anything, so I no need scare. But they keep looking then approach my car, only then I realize "Siao Liao they must be looking for trouble cos I never put my road tax. They approach n ask me where my road tax I say at hm. Then they say I've to follow them to the polis station n I followed them.

Once reach le, they tell me it's an offence n they need compound my vehicle n ask me take taxi hm n come back tml to attend court n pay d summon of Rm2000..

I n my mum ask them for tolong but they say they have to go by book. I pleaded pleaded n 1 of the polis say if I *** to go, I've to pay them d RM2000. I was like WtH n my mum panic n ask me jus pay them n quickly go... I quickly call my Malaysia friend n he talk to the polis n then they reach agreement to take RM200. I quickly put all my RM200plus ringgit inside my passport n pass to him. BUT this time round, the other polis disagreed on d amt.. N say *** go ahead compound my car. Then the 2 polis go 1 side n talk, my mum ask me jus give them all my $, then I took my last sin$250 n slot intogether with the ringgit n ask them look again. Only then he took all my $ n return my passport n licence back to me.

We then quickly go back my car. Once sat in my car, I can see my mum freak out n kept chanting... Then with our empty stomach my mum ask me quickly u-turn back to sg in case stop by another polis again...

So aren't these Malaysian polis "d official GANgSTERS"

So ppl pls beware that u have all your car documents with u including ** insurance. For u never know wat kind of rubbish they can jus summon u n saying it is their LAW!!!
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

When I first saw the title, I thought they were going to recommend the ZON Regency (ex Eden) hotel... A place where one can get married and seperated on the same day, especially when the hubby wonders off to the Roman Spa...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        the Roman Spa...
        Where's your TR for this place?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Where's your TR for this place?
          Hahaha... You do realise I heard this from a friend of a friend....
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Yep, gem of a slow-news-day article.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
            X