Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there minimum miles on SQ for Krisflyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there minimum miles on SQ for Krisflyer?

I'm going to Penang tomorrow... (yay... laksa, chendol ! )

I'm taking SQ - in C.

I'm wondering if Krisflyer has minimum miles on SQ flights? Otherwise I'll bank it with LH - I get 1000 miles with them.

Thx

No minimum miles, so LH (or BD ) is recommended.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      No minimum miles, so LH (or BD ) is recommended.
      I have BD too... what is the minimum miles with BD?

By the way, that was a faaaaast reponse, jjpb3. I just reached over to get a glass of water, and the reply came in !

Comment

Minimum with BD is 600 miles for *A partners. Unfortunately, you'll only get 1.5x in C, which is lower than LH's.

Was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd help out.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Minimum with BD is 600 miles for *A partners. Unfortunately, you'll only get 1.5x in C, which is lower than LH's.

Was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd help out.
          Hmmm...

BD - 600 x 1.5 = 900
          LH - 1000 min miles.

On BD - I get the 25% at the end of the month..

So I guess I'll stay with BD!

Thank you..!

Comment

Hmm...so does this mean that even if I fly to KUL, I get 1000 miles if I bank with LH ???

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            I'm going to Penang tomorrow... (yay... laksa, chendol ! )

I'm taking SQ - in C.

I'm wondering if Krisflyer has minimum miles on SQ flights? Otherwise I'll bank it with LH - I get 1000 miles with them.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
              Hmm...so does this mean that even if I fly to KUL, I get 1000 miles if I bank with LH ???
              With LH, you only get 500 minimum miles on Economy, 1000 minimum miles if on Business and 1500 miles if on First.

Comment

On BD - I get the 25% at the end of the month..

So I guess I'll stay with BD!

Thank you..!
                25% because of Gold status? Sorry, not familiar with BD. I just started...

Note: WARNING! Anyone checks in at ICN Transfer Desk, make sure your BP shows correctly for double-dipping. The agent assured me that my BD was on file, and she did correctly. The next day checked my KF, the miels were posted in my KF account!

Comment

With LH, you only get 500 minimum miles on Economy, 1000 minimum miles if on Business and 1500 miles if on First.
                  You only get 500 or 1500, not 1000 since there's no J on SIN-KUL

Comment

Actually on LH I get 750mi on the KUL leg as it's a Y fare for me. I get 500mi for PEN though... can't remember the code.

ETA: I just checked, fare code E for my PEN flight, so 500mi vs. 750mi for Y fare
                    Last edited by fimo; 20 March 2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
                      Actually on LH I get 750mi on the KUL leg as it's a Y fare for me. I get 500mi for PEN though... can't remember the code.

ETA: I just checked, fare code E for my PEN flight, so 500mi vs. 750mi for Y fare

Yes, you're right..... RBD Y nets 750. my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        25% because of Gold status? Sorry, not familiar with BD. I just started...
                        Yes, 25% bonus miles (on flown miles) are posted every month into the accounts of BD Silvers and Golds -- for all *A flights.

Comment

So where should I bank ?

Hi Guys, getting a bit confused now. Apologies if this has been brought up before.

1. Why would LH give me 750 miles for SIN-KUL return, when SQ only gives 200+ miles (including the 25% extra) ? Why such a big difference. What's the benefit to LH ? Does this mean that once I requalify for KF Gold, there is no incentive for me to continue to bank miles into SQ ?

2. What are the pros and cons of banking with LH instead of SQ ? (other than getting more miles per trip). Some of the pros I can think of banking with SQ are:
                          a. Can combine with Krisflyer AMEX card to accumulate more miles
                          b. Online redemption on SQ website, and earn 15% discount
                          c. Higher chance of op-up when op-ups are being considered (not sure abt this)

cheers
                          Acey

Comment

Working...
                          X