early requal question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early requal question...

i feel like i should know the answer to this question, but with all the changes i'm getting a little lost...

i reached QPP5 in Feb and so i'm valid till Mar 07. if i do 25 sectors before 1 Sep, i will of course have QPP6 till Mar 08.

question is, will my travels after 1 sep count towards the next qualification year - i.e. will i have between 1 Sep 06 till Mar 08 to get the $25k PPSV?

thanks!

I doubt it. From what i understand, you will have SGD25K (converted from 25 sectors x SGD1K) on Sep 1, then more SGD after that.

By the way, have your sectors/miles been reset to zero? I was wondering if they still do that this year as I am due to be reset end of this month. Thanks.

Comment

It is unclear form the SQ annoucement. I would like to know as well. I guess we should know by 01-Apr-07 when the syetem converts to show PPS Value.

Comment

I am in a similar situation like the OP. I just qualified for QPP02 recently and the latest requalification for QPP03 is Jan 08. I believe with my planned travels in the next couple of months, I can still get that 25 sectors prior to Sep 1. Will that get me to QPP03?
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          By the way, have your sectors/miles been reset to zero? I was wondering if they still do that this year as I am due to be reset end of this month.
          Mine was reset to zero as I requalified in my final month (Feb).

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
            I am in a similar situation like the OP. I just qualified for QPP02 recently and the latest requalification for QPP03 is Jan 08. I believe with my planned travels in the next couple of months, I can still get that 25 sectors prior to Sep 1. Will that get me to QPP03?
            Yes with 25 sectors before 1 Sep, you'll definitely make QPP3...

Comment

Am also facing the same situation as the OP and am not too sure as well. I think that the conversion is only for the "cumulative" sectors/ miles to PPS value. Guess you won't know for certain till 1st apr.

Comment

Why do I keep thinking that whatever we earned up to August 1, 2007 will be converted to PPS Value with the conversion of 1 sector equal to SGD1,000?
                As an example, for someone who flies CGK-SIN route all the time. As an example by August 31, 2007 this person gets 22.5 sectors. So new value would be SGD22,500. With the old program, one more round-trip CGK-SIn will land this person to another year of QPP, but not anymore. SGD 2,500 means more roundtrip for that short segment.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Why do I keep thinking that whatever we earned up to August 1, 2007 will be converted to PPS Value with the conversion of 1 sector equal to SGD1,000?.....
                  The problem is this:

On 1 September 2007, PPS Club members will have their existing cumulative PPS Club miles/sectors converted to a cumulative PPS Value. This converted cumulative PPS Value is used for tracking towards Solitaire PPS Club membership,.......This cumulative PPS Value will only be applicable for PPS Club members, and will have no application for members with Solitaire PPS Club, KrisFlyer Elite or KrisFlyer tier status.
                  (Emphasis added)

It seems to me that your annual PPS sectors/miles will not be converted, only the cumulative sectors/miles. What is unclear is if SQ is able to post PPS Value retroactively for flights taken since 01-Oct-06.

Comment

Why not checking for the clarification through here:

PPS HOT-LINE: +65 6245 7007

E-mail: PPS_Feedback(at)KrisFlyer.com.sg

may be I am wrong. But for someone who has requalification period, Mar 1 - Feb 29, lets say 15 sectors earned by Aug 31. By September 1, the cumulative 165 (including the additional 15 earned), wil be converted to SGD 165,000. In my opinion, those 15 sectors earned between Mar 1 - Aug 31, will be counted for the requalification by Feb 29. I don't think the computer will transfer those 15 sectors as less $$$, since the cumulative is $1000 per sector. It's outrages to think that 15 sectors will not have new PPS Value at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      .....It's outrages to think that 15 sectors will not have new PPS Value at all.
                      If SQ is able to post PPS Values retroactively from 01-Oct-06, those 15 sectors will be recredited with actually PPS Values instead of the converted values. The actual PPS Values could be higher or lower than SGD1000 per sector. I believe the main reason for using the SGD1000 for cumulative PPS sectors is that it is not feasible to recredit those actual PPS Values since 01-Sep-02 (5 years ago). BTW, my PPS year is Mar 1 to Feb 29.

I just emailed SQ and hope to receive a clarification soon.
                      Last edited by TerryK; 19 March 2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                        If SQ is able to post PPS Values retroactively from 01-Oct-06, those 15 sectors will be recredited with actually PPS Values instead of the converted values. The actual PPS Values could be higher or lower than SGD1000 per sector. I believe the main reason for using the SGD1000 for cumulative PPS sectors is that it is not feasible to recredit those actual PPS Values since 01-Sep-02 (5 years ago). BTW, my PPS year is Mar 1 to Feb 29.

I just emailed SQ and hope to receive a clarification soon.
                        Do let me know their reply as well, my PPS year is also 1 Mar to 29 Feb.

Comment

Working...
                        X