Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ new economy class tray

Ia Orana all !!!

My departure to SIN is getting closer and I am getting ore and more excited about flying SQ on the 345 from LAX.
    I have a question about the tray... I noticed on a trip report on airliners.net that they have a very nice tray on the 77W and was wondering if that set up was available only on the 77W or was available on all flights. Have SQ changed their trays worldwide ?
    Thanks for any reply !

manureva744

They were still using the old blue trays in Feb when I flew MEL-SIN and SIN-Japan on non-77Ws.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by manureva744 View Post
      ....... I noticed on a trip report on airliners.net that they have a very nice tray on the 77W and was wondering if that set up was available only on the 77W or was available on all flights. Have SQ changed their trays worldwide ?
      Thanks for any reply !

manureva744
      I am afraid it will be the old tray for you. 77W aircrafts have completely different setup with the rest of the fleet. I haven't heard of any plan to reconfigure existing fleet to new seats.

Comment

Ia Orana KeithMEL, Ia Orana TerryK !

Thank you both for your replies. I will still have the chance to fly on the 345 which is really good on its own.
        It's a shame about the tray but its OK.
        I think its a shame to have 2 sets of trays on one airline as it must cost quite a lot to have both of them.
        also I have another question... On some websites it says that the 772ER that does the long-haul routes has 32 inches pitch and others say 34... Which one is it ???

Thanks again

Comment

Ia Orana KeithMEL, Ia Orana TerryK !

Thank you both for your replies. I will still have the chance to fly on the 345 which is really good on its own.
          It's a shame about the tray but its OK.
          I think its a shame to have 2 sets of trays on one airline as it must cost quite a lot to have both of them.
          also I have another question... On some websites it says that the 772ER that does the long-haul routes has 32 inches pitch and others say 34... Which one is it ???

Thanks again
          La Orana manureva744,

I am quite sure that all 772ER have the 34 inch seat pitch, it's the 772 non-ER that have the 32 inch and some 33.
          If there is two of you travelling I can recommend 58 A,C or H,K on the 772ER as there are only 2 seats on each side instead of the 3, quite comfortable.
          By the way, spend a beautiful 3 weeks on your islands recently, mostly for work but it's been a most wonderful experience, especially the people. A real joy and pleasure.
          Last edited by yvrcnx; 18 March 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Ia Orana yvrcnx !

Thanks for the info about the goos seats on the 772ER. I will see if we can get those 2 indeed.
            Happy to know that you enjoyed my homeland and my people. You flew in on NZ ? TN ? AF ?
            You have to come again !

manureva744

Comment

Ia Orana yvrcnx !

Thanks for the info about the goos seats on the 772ER. I will see if we can get those 2 indeed.
              Happy to know that you enjoyed my homeland and my people. You flew in on NZ ? TN ? AF ?
              You have to come again !

manureva744
              manureva744,

I took NZ from AKL via Rarotonga both ways. I also spend 3 weeks in New Caledonia, all flights on NZ C-class. Very wonderful experience and very impressed with NZ, all flights were great.
              I am actually planning to go back the last two weeks of May to meet with our clients there.
              I am not sure how I'll fly this time as NZ cut their flights to PPT quite a bit.
              Will keep you updated.
              All the best.

Comment

yvrcnx, I also love ANZ in C class... very good carrier.
                You still have 2 flights a week to PPT from AKL if that's where you are coming from. Make sure to request the ANZ operated flights if you don't want to end up on ATN.

Comment

yvrcnx, I also love ANZ in C class... very good carrier.
                  You still have 2 flights a week to PPT from AKL if that's where you are coming from. Make sure to request the ANZ operated flights if you don't want to end up on ATN.
                  Thanks manureva744, I did talk with ANZ and they mentioned to me that the Friday and Saturday departure from AKL are operated by their own aircraft.
                  It's to bad for Tahiti as they alreaday don't have to many carriers flying in.
                  I was going to fly via LAX on my last trip but because I had business in SE Asia I decided to go the long way around via SIN & AKL, which I really enjoyed especially since all sectors were on SQ and the South Pacific ones on NZ and was glad I did in the end. Especially not having to go through the LAX immigration/customs chaos.
                  Now that option is gone anyway with NZ no longer flying to PPT from LAX. How is ATN on that route, any experience?

Comment

Working...
                  X