Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q: Are SEN lounges open to SEN's anytime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: Are SEN lounges open to SEN's anytime?

shortfinals
    Q: Are SEN lounges open to SEN's anytime?
    « Thread started on: Oct 25th, 2006, 09:50am »
    Q: Are LH operated SEN lounges open to SEN's anytime - even WITHOUT an onward Star Alliance BP? (i.e flying a Non *A carrier onward)

jjpb3
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 11:46am »
    I've been led to believe they are (by posts in the BA and BD forums). The privilege is similar to BA Golds' and QPPs' "lounge access anytime".
    But take this with a grain of salt until a real SEN shows up to confirm.

Savage25
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:15pm »
    Yup...at the old BKK, I could access the LH-operated Business Lounge as well by just showing the SEN card (wasn't even asked for a boarding pass), so I assume where there are no SEN lounges, you can access the LH Business Lounges.

JPB
    « Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:24pm »
    Yes they are although if you read the M&M forum on TOF there have been numerous reports of them using the lounge is full get out clause.
    I have used the SEN lounge in T2 in LHR numerous times without flying a *A airline without any problem. Normally I am flying on a Sunday so the lounge is not very busy.

shortfinals
    « Reply #4 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:29pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 11:46am, jjpb3 wrote:

Define erm..... "real"

jjpb3
    « Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:45pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 1:29pm, shortfinals wrote:
    Define erm..... "real"

"Real" = in actual possession of a SEN card, e.g., Savage25 or JPB

"Virtual" = familiar with T&C's through extensive (maybe compulsive research into the pros and cons of various alternatives to KrisFlyer, i.e., li'l ol' moi
    My tendency to speak up means you're (unfortunately) stuck with posts from the latter type of SEN. Sorry, shortfinals. I'll try to control myself. I'm prone to failure on that front.
    « Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006, 1:46pm byjjpb3 »

shortfinals
    « Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:03pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 1:45pm, jjpb3 wrote:
    "Real" = in actual possession of a SEN card, e.g., Savage25 or JPB
    "Virtual" = familiar with T&C's through extensive (maybe compulsive research into the pros and cons of various alternatives to KrisFlyer, i.e., li'l ol' moi
    My tendency to speak up means you're (unfortunately) stuck with posts from the latter type of SEN. Sorry, shortfinals. I'll try to control myself. I'm prone to failure on that front.

ooh when I grow up I want a SEN card then!

jjpb3
    « Reply #7 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:13pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 2:03pm, shortfinals wrote:
    ooh when I grow up I want a SEN card then!

Sweetie, I think you have more FF cards than I have variously-sized pieces of luggage. (And that says A LOT!)

shortfinals
    « Reply #8 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 2:25pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 2:13pm, jjpb3 wrote:
    Sweetie, I think you have more FF cards than I have variously-sized pieces of luggage. (And that says A LOT!)

I doubt it. Besides, I haven't grown up yet

paffendorf
    « Reply #9 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:05pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 11:46am, jjpb3 wrote:
    I've been led to believe they are (by posts in the BA and BD forums). The privilege is similar to BA Golds' and QPPs' "lounge access anytime".

yes.... you can enter only with the card and a BP (even not *carrier).... but you cannot use them as arrival lounge if you're not travelling LH or *

KeithMEL1985
    « Reply #10 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:13pm »
    on Oct 25th, 2006, 2:03pm, shortfinals wrote:
    when I grow up I want a SEN card then!

ooh!
    *raises hand frantically* I want one too!

MANFlyer
    « Reply #11 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 10:25pm »
    I used the SEN lounge at JFK (T2?) earlier this month when I was flying UA's PS service to SFO. I got there just as they opened the door.

I just showed my card to the lounge dragon, she asked which flight I was on and I just said I'm flying UA from T5. Straight in no problem.
Working...
X